Forward Dates in Logs

Hi. We've got a log on our Viaduct View cache that is dated February 2, 2024 so it always sits at the top of the log pages. I have emailed the user but they have not responded. Is there a way to get the log date changed to a more reasonable year? Should users be prevented from entering dates past today?

18793_300.jpg

Ok, 10 metres. It's somewhere around here...

I think it was nothing more than an honest mistake. The cacher in question only has two caches to his name. The other one he found on 24/2/02 which is the same as 2/2/2024 with the fields reversed.

There is a thread in the general forum talking about deleting caches for other reasons and it's getting quite heated icon_smile.gif It's this one:

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=1530966114

On the basis that the cacher has just made a mistake, this is what I would do.

Save a copy of the text and then delete the log.

E-mail the user to say why it is deleted and include the original text so that the user can repost a new log. The e-mail would be in *polite* language and would explain your reasons for deleting the log (it always floats to the top of the list).

The cacher does not seem to read his e-mail often, so I'd also post a note in the cache log with similar text to the e-mail in case he reads the cache site more often than his e-mail.

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!

I think it was nothing more than an honest mistake. The cacher in question only has two caches to his name. The other one he found on 24/2/02 which is the same as 2/2/2024 with the fields reversed.

There is a thread in the general forum talking about deleting caches for other reasons and it's getting quite heated icon_smile.gif It's this one:

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=1530966114

On the basis that the cacher has just made a mistake, this is what I would do.

Save a copy of the text and then delete the log.

E-mail the user to say why it is deleted and include the original text so that the user can repost a new log. The e-mail would be in *polite* language and would explain your reasons for deleting the log (it always floats to the top of the list).

The cacher does not seem to read his e-mail often, so I'd also post a note in the cache log with similar text to the e-mail in case he reads the cache site more often than his e-mail.

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!