Thanks to you all

Tim & June

Ok, now that things have settled down a little, I think it's time to thank all those who rallied together and stood up for what we believe in. A true community spirit of which I am proud of and proud to be part of. icon_smile.gif

Many of you contributed with lucid, well considered and well put observaions and points. June and I are well chuffed with the collective and individual effort. icon_biggrin.gif

June and I have recieved many emails and notes on the forum saying thanks, well, all we can say is, youre welcome, it's been a pleasure to support such a great bunch of people. Fair warms the cockles of me 'art so it do. icon_rolleyes.gif

There was only one downside, and I mention it in case he starts wittering on, I archived a cache which was brought to my attention. It contravened the guidelines on sites of historic value and was hidden under one of the stones. I sent an email of explanation to the cacher. The cacher pulled all his caches and emailed an fairly unpleasant reply ...

Oh well, You can't please them all icon_confused.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

LoL.....Well I guess it had some truth in it..

You can not please everyone no matter how hard you try!

But yes, cheers T+J for sticking up for us and all that and thanks for not abandoning Dan and I for starting the fracus in the first place..

Pidster icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by TreeBeard (Pid):

You can not please everyone no matter how hard you try!

That is one of life's biggest truths: you CAN NOT please everyone. In many cases, you just play a game of "upsetting the fewest possible".

But you have to accept in life that others WILL be upset by what you do, whatever you do... it's inevitable. But don't be worried about it (well, until someone is about to punch you!), just accept it. In many cases you will later find that (a) you were actually 100% correct; or (;) it is actually THEY who have the problem!

Many people find it hard to accept that others hold a different opinion... they are not willing to "agree to disagree".. they feel that only one person can be right (and it's therefore got to be THEM!).

At the end of the day, if you do something, and its not actually illegal, and YOU don't feel bad about your actions, then you probably have little to worry about.

So will you two stop yer bloody whinging, and get setting some more caches for us?!! icon_wink.gif

Paul

Up in the frozen / sodden / windy North (that's the real North, not just Yorkshire icon_wink.gif), we are a little out of touch and with fewer caches around, we probably check the postings less and go out cacheing less frequently as well. So, what's this all about - presumably not just some incestuous squabbling, but something worth getting heated about? I don't want to rake over coals or stir up ill-feeling, but unless you're in on the story, these postings make no sense whatsoever!

The nearer your destination, the more you keep slip sliding away.