OT: Looking for a muddy hill

Sorry to post off-topic, but I need to draw on the group's collective knowledge of the British countryside. Moderators, lock the thread if you want. (oh, wait - there aren't any icon_biggrin.gif)

For reasons I won't go into right now, I'm looking for a big steep muddy hill. It's got to be big, it's got to be steep, but most importantly it's got to be the slimiest, sloppiest, slipperiest, muddiest hill you've ever seen. Somewhere round Essex would be ideal, but I'll travel as necessary.

Any suggestions?

What's your favourite thing?

[This message was edited by SimonG on May 18, 2003 at 12:16 PM.]

Try Shepherds Down near Droxford. It's a hill used by kids on scrambler bikes, so is nicely churned up. Just pop along when it's been raining for a bit and I'm sure it'll be luvverly and muddy!! icon_biggrin.gif

Can't find a decent link at the mo, so try

N50 57.963 W1 09.398... good luck!

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

What Trolls?

I tried the cross country version today round a lovely squishy part of Oxfordshire. Harness up one labrador and release wild rabbit in front...well it was pretty wild after we had chased it for a bit. Bribe husband with Sunday dinner to be allowed back in the car afterwards...