Unusual uses for everyday objects

Last week I was admiring the leather case that a friend kept his cigars in; he explained that it had been his father's but he had recently seen similar cases for sale advertised as Tampax holders! It reminded me that I actually use a Lilets tampon holder to keep my AA batteries (for my GPSr) in - does anyone else use everyday objects to help in their Geocaching exploits?

(I just pray that I never get my holders mixed up!!!!!)

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't you think that sooner or later someone will notice that its a mobile phone not a GPS your using???

I, like Mrs Blitz, use a geocache box to take my sarnies to work... does that count?

I also have a carrier-bag-lined-bucket glued (by chewing gum, I think - too scared to remove it in case it's something a lot more unpleasant!)to the carpet in the boot of my car. This I use for collecting odd bits of rubbish I pick up! icon_biggrin.gif

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

What Trolls?

quote:
Originally posted by Omally:

I, like Mrs Blitz, use a geocache box to take my sarnies to work... does that count?

Ah yes Omally, but do you still get that twinge of excitement every day when you see the box, and do you hide it under a pile of logs when you get to work each morning?!!! icon_wink.gif

Don't you think that sooner or later someone will notice that its a mobile phone not a GPS your using???

quote:
Originally posted by Liz Codd:

Ah yes Omally, but do you still get that twinge of excitement every day when you see the box, and do you hide it under a pile of logs when you get to work each morning?!!! icon_wink.gif

Strangely, no. I usually just chastise myself for hiding food in a cache. I do it every day: when oh when will I ever learn? Bad Dog!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

What Trolls?