Jersey, Channel Islands

Is there anyone else interested, over here? There is only one cache in the island at the moment, but I wouldn't mind laying a few micro caches to share some little known beauty spots with you.

Any comments about 'Jersey number One'... please go ahead here!

Hi Iwuzere, and welcome to the world of Geocaching - you don't have to be mad to join in but it helps (and so does a GPS!) icon_wink.gif

You're in a bit of a tricky situation on Jersey - it would normally be recommended that you find a few caches before planting your own (the ratio of 20:1 has been suggested) - I've found over 60 but am still learning important points about planting them (mostly HTML based!) but if you don't have many locally to find then how can you gain experience? Maybe you need to come over to the Winchester or Southampton area for a weekend's intensive caching and we need to organise the next cache bash on Jersey and plant some more whilst we're there!

There are a few on Guernsey and one on Alderney, could you try those out before planting your own on Jersey?

As for encouraging Geocaching on the island, there must be loads of sailors who have GPSrs who wouldn't mind putting them to other uses when there are storms, low tides etc - maybe see if there are some likeminded soles who'd like to join you from the yacht club? If I get over this summer on my father's boat I promise to plant a cache or two but we usually go to Guernsey and Alderney instead icon_frown.gif Sorry

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Why is it that when you're out for a walk carrying a map everyone asks if you're lost?

Thanks for your comments. I don't know anyone with a GPS that I could borrow, and although I'd like to help this take off over here, I don't want to to the tune of 150 quid!

So, I thought I'd ask a reasonable question in the General forum. Oops! All hobbies have their grumps and I certainly made them show up! LOL

I have a few options left, so I'll see what I can come up with. If I can place a handful of caches, maybe more people will join in and place some of their own, and suddenly 150 quid will seem more reasonable (although I'll probably still be cheap and try to solve them with just a map, hehe)

Thanks!