Uploading Waypoints

Hmmmmm!

I use Anquet Maps, admittedly with a Garmin eMap and not a Magellan, but I have downloaded from my GPSr I am sure.

I seem to remember at one time, before CC.com published OS map refs on the cache page, I used to download waypoints from MapSource to the eMap and then upload them to Anquet. You have to be very careful though to change the datum thingy from WGS 84 to OSGB at the right time, and then remember to change it back again before you go out caching (or my famous 70ft out will be more like 270ft out or something, a techi person would tell you which!)

dodgydaved

I'm NOT lost, I know exactly where I am, I'm here!

quote:
Originally posted by Daisy&me:

Out of interest, what's the problem with EasyGPS. I use it with my Sportrak.

The problem is............

If you change a .loc file from within EasyGPS and save it, it changes the file to a completely different format that you then can't change.

The reason I want to do this is to change the symbol on the 'trigpoints' so they show differently from 'caches' on my Sportrak. You can do this in EasyGPS but only one at a time.

Teasel is considering changing the downloads to .gpx format, but meanwhile I'm just asking :-)

WoodSmoke

Logo5.gif GeocacheUK - useful resources for the UK Geocaching community