Crazy People on E-Bay

Nia

I've been tring to buy a cheep GPS on e-bay so we have less arguments when geocaching.

I cant belive what people are paying.

I have a brand new eTrex cost me £102.12 +vat total £119.99 from a shop.

The last etrex i bid on went for £120 + postage

Its just mad!!!!

Item Name: Gamin Etrex GPS New and Unopened (Item# 1339183416)

Final Price: 120.00

Your Max Bid: 55.00

End Date: 20-Mar-02 08:35 GMT

If anyone has an old gps for sale let us know

Are airfares as cheap there as they are here? Come visit, buy 2 (or 3) eTrexs at Best Buy, hit few caches, go home, and sell the extras on eBay....free vacation! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Nia:

I've been tring to buy a cheep GPS on e-bay so we have less arguments when geocaching.

Its just mad!!!!

Are airfares as cheap there as they are here? Come visit, buy 2 (or 3) eTrexs at Best Buy, hit few caches, go home, and sell the extras on eBay....free vacation! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Nia:

Its just mad!!!!

I've given up with Ebay, seeing as the only European ones seem to be German and hte translation stuff I used did not fill me with confidence. "Please be asking any queries before bidding for all errors not belong to me" icon_eek.gif I am going to Hong Kong with work - See previous thread asking for help - and am going to try and pick one up there as Eddie's ageing Magellan is causing a bit of grief when we cant decide whether to give up cos a cache not there or because we are too inept to find it. icon_rolleyes.gif If I find a cheap one I'll put a post on as I think I'll be going back really soon

Peta (Mrs DR)

I've given up with Ebay, seeing as the only European ones seem to be German and hte translation stuff I used did not fill me with confidence. "Please be asking any queries before bidding for all errors not belong to me" icon_eek.gif I am going to Hong Kong with work - See previous thread asking for help - and am going to try and pick one up there as Eddie's ageing Magellan is causing a bit of grief when we cant decide whether to give up cos a cache not there or because we are too inept to find it. icon_rolleyes.gif If I find a cheap one I'll put a post on as I think I'll be going back really soon

Peta (Mrs DR)

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in Space:

Find a friend or fellow cacher in the US. I got my Etrex, at Fry's, for $79, (~£55). Even with P&P it will still be cheaper.

Never seen them that cheap. I got one from Amazon for $99 from the link on the geocaching site in December.

Can't find them for $79 at Fry's.

alex.

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in Space:

Find a friend or fellow cacher in the US. I got my Etrex, at Fry's, for $79, (~£55). Even with P&P it will still be cheaper.

Always bearing in mind that you might get clobbered for VAT, import duty and a clearance fee.

quote:
Originally posted by ApK:

Best Buy want $140 for an Etrex at the moment. With sales tax, that isn't much less than they are in the UK.

Alex.

quote:
Originally posted by ApK:

Best Buy want $140 for an Etrex at the moment. With sales tax, that isn't much less than they are in the UK.

Alex.

quote:
Originally posted by Kimrobin:

Alex.

The Best Buy down the street here in Woodbridge is currently selling the eTrex for $99, with several open-box units for $69.