Are we ever going to get a new moderator?

Seifer

OK, to start with, monz locked his original thread so if the moderators think that this is a bit off, then lock the thread, i don't really mind

The situation seems to me thus: In the time I have been on the geocaching forums, i have seen the deaprture of two really good moderators, the only one having stayed being Richard & Beth, well, good on'ya, you've always been fair and open in your moderation.

We now have two moderators left, so this begs the question, are we going to ever get a new one after all the anger and hostility thrown at them over the last few days. I, for one, wouln't like to do it at all.

So, do you think that we are going to get a new moderator?

If we do, we appear to have 2 options:

We use the results of the previous moderators poll (I believe Hornet came 2nd, but I don't think he's around at the moment

We start a brand new poll, open for nominations and voting

We ask the others put forward in the last poll (Chris & Maria, El10t etc) if any of them would be interested

Just a thought

Michael aka 1/2 of Team Blitz

Wqablz-xqxw tdqml kwfwm twjowcl di klelqklqok ejw hepw gt dm lbw ktdl!

26 27.75 34.2(recuring) 41.09275 480.048 55.027777777(carrys on!) 62.01749271

For Pity's sake when is Hornet coming back from his Holiday to settle the peace?

I can see this place becoming extremly hostile territory, I don't like it.

When are we going to see that freedom of speech costs lives? put a cake in it and maybe the free discussion will always be kept on topic and everyone will be happy here. Until then we are just violent soldiers on a warpath.

Ben Piddington http://www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by Team Blitz (Michael):

If we do, we appear to have 2 options:

+ We use the results of the previous moderators poll (I believe Hornet came 2nd, but I don't think he's around at the moment

+ We start a brand new poll, open for nominations and voting

+ We ask the others put forward in the last poll (Chris & Maria, El10t etc) if any of them would be interested

Just a thought

That would be three options then? This might help:

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Ok, we were going to wait for the dust to settle before talking about moderators, but since Michael has forced the issue a little, now seems as good a time as any.

Firstly, both Tim and myself have asked Monz to reconsider his decision to resign following the events of the last week or so. However he is adamant that he wants to resign, and we will respect his decision to go.

As has been mentioned by Michael there are several options for a new moderator. Also as has been said, now is not the ideal time for someone new to the job to come in, and we were unsure whether anyone would want the job after last week!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, Moss Trooper has volunteered to don his tin hat once again and come back as moderator. He has e-mailed Jeremy to put his name forward, and Tim and myself support him, and are very grateful to him for stepping into the breach.

Regards,

Richard

Poor Monz's chair is not even cold Yet and we have some calling out for a replacement.

As Richard said, we were going to let the dust settle a little, but June and I fully support the return of Moss Trooper. He has done a magnificent job in the past under some very difficult circumstances.

We did try to talk Monz out of his resignation, but it was not to be, he was adamant.

It has to be said that Monz did give his all to the task, but it is a very difficult task to know exactly where to draw the line. Whichever way you go, you will be wrong with someone. It's that old saying, "you can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time". Thanks for your work Monz.

I guess you will want us to give you your tin hat back now Mozzie, but thanks for the loan. icon_biggrin.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

I for one am glad Moss has agreed to come back to try and keep us in order but at the same time more than a little sorry to lose Monz. I feel that enough has been said about the reason for all of this - I was here at the time and do not intend to repeat my views - let us just get on with the game/sport/whatever.

quote:
Originally posted by Richard & Beth:

Ok, we were going to wait for the dust to settle before talking about moderators, but since Michael has forced the issue a little, now seems as good a time as any.

Im sorry, i just felt that the topic needed to be raised.

quote:

Firstly, both Tim and myself have asked Monz to reconsider his decision to resign following the events of the last week or so. However he is adamant that he wants to resign, and we will respect his decision to go.

I will miss monz and his moderation as well, good luck to him in the future.

quote:

...we were unsure whether anyone would _want_ the job after last week

I'm sure that is the case, I DEFINITLY wouldn't like to do it, and there are many others who feel the same I feel

quote:
!

Moss Trooper has volunteered to don his tin hat once again and come back as moderator. He has e-mailed Jeremy to put his name forward, and Tim and myself support him, and are very grateful to him for stepping into the breach.

Well, well done mozzie, nice to see a return to the job that you did so well

Finally, sorry to all the moderators that i may have accidentally insulrted, i know that it's a hard job

Happy Cachin'

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

well if anyone is interested i get more than 50% of the week off college and spend over 36 hours a week on this website alone. I don't mind doing the job as moderator.

Gosh, in the days when I was a student we used to have to work at studying. icon_wink.gif

Rich

mobilis in mobili

quote:
Originally posted by MCL:

...is THAT why 'Watermead Wetlands 3' is where it is!

No No No Wetlands 3 is there because Dan swims like a fish.....I thought you really were up for that one? what happened then Martin,,,,,lost ya marbles ? icon_wink.gif hehe....Well Michael team Blitz is the next person who thinks hes gonna crack it....hehe, I'll believe it when I see it.

Pid

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Weasel:

No No No Wetlands 3 is there because Dan swims like a fish.....I thought you really were up for that one? what happened then Martin,,,,,lost ya marbles ? icon_wink.gif

..don't you mean Dan *drinks* like a fish?.. icon_razz.gif

Anyway, no I have not lost my marbles on this one. Lets just say plans are being laid.... But if Michael wants to bag the cache first then I don't mind. I just want it off my front page!

Oh and its Martyn with a 'y'... icon_smile.gif

I was hoping to do WW3 when I was in the area a few weeks ago. I figured I could swim out to it - when I got there this didn't seem like such a good idea. It was very cold that day.

B hejn oia i filmn mip rhffhvbem, dck B acjqna bekh ie iffnpvip iea fhgk obx. - Nxh Zobfbzg

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

SimonG - does replacing your Niagra Falls avatar with that one above mean you have recently entered fatherhood??

Actually it means I've entered unclehood. By the same logic, can I assume you've got a new cat? icon_biggrin.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jcmatwf js g wjl, g pjjz ta dgo'a pfam shtfow. Toatwf js g wjl, tm'a mjj wghz mj hfgw. - Lhjcrxj Dghu

Not quite sure where the confusion with WW3 is guys...hehe. It inaccessible unless you have the guts to mission it....

You'll also require a Waterproof GPS icon_smile.gif

We are hoping that the cache has not been washed away as the island is starting to make way for the Winter is going to be underwater soon, It was placed between bricks though inless theres been a Tsunami it should be ok.

MARTYN....Sorry about that. Also sorry to add another Multi to your nearest page icon_wink.gif which I stated on the cache page aswell....

Good luck, and don't drown it would be a real shame icon_biggrin.gif

Pid

quote:
Originally posted by jstead:

Am I dreaming or is this a bit off topic?!

You are absolutely right. Problem is, I am just as guilty as everyone else (or more so). SO how can I complain ?

Sorry you guys, I guess we had all better start being a little more careful.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

Wow! I just got back from holiday and I've only just started reading the forums and I seem to have missed something momentous! I can't wait until I find out what icon_wink.gif

Hope y'all missed me!!!

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

quote:
Originally posted by The Hornet:

Wow! I just got back from holiday and I've only just started reading the forums and I seem to have missed something momentous! I can't wait until I find out what icon_wink.gif

Hope y'all missed me!!!

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

You missed quite a bit includin me making a bet wit pid!!!