A Challenge

Kouros

Can anyone recommend any truly challenging caches in the uk - preferrably Southern area.

I've thoroughly enjoyed every hunt I've been on so far - but I'd love to at least consider the possibilities of a really taxing quest. icon_wink.gif

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

quote:
Originally posted by Kimrobin:

Physically or mentally?

Both - mentally is great, but physical work is cool too.

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

There is always the http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=16525 which, while not the _most_ difficult challenge to find, will be a lot of fun. icon_biggrin.gif

Would love to be there - sad thing is though, I'm sure the 28th is pretty much the one day I'm not actually *in* Winchester.

------

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

Well, if you are up for a mental and physical challenge you could try the Great Yorkshire Cache Hunt on the 18th.

Although we planned a range of cache of different difficulty, some of the high value ones are both physically tough to reach, and some require a bit of thought. Just planning a route which gains you the largest number of points in the time available is of course a interesting challenge, to which there is no right or wrong answer, but effective route planning may be the key to winning. To make thing even more you will only get the co-ords and clues on arrival, so you will have to think on your feet.

Try ANY geocache at night - without a torch! That would be challenging.

On a more serious note, maybe you SHOULD have a torch. You might come across the snake I nearly stepped on in the New Forest. And let someone know where you're going.

Actually, this was a silly idea. Forget I even suggested it. What am I going on about, why don't I just not push the 'Post Now' butto...

quote:
Originally posted by Pid:

My Intergalactic Microcache is particularly difficult if you do not use the parking COORDS and just go with the Cache CoOrds. Its in Aylesbury.

I wouldn't say it was hard unless you count a longish walk as hard. If I'd had a map with me even without the coordinates I'd have been able to find the optimum parking place quite easily which would have been fortunate since you don't publish the parking coordinates on the cache page. icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.