Potential new cache

The Merman

I was mulling over the idea of doing a new cache which would be a night only cache.

The way it would work would be for the co-ordinates to lead to a starting position and thereafter the hunter would need to follow a trail of reflective night pins to lead to the physical cache which would be a microcache (Also marked with reflectors)

The cache would not be possible to do in daylight as the pins would be too small to see, but would light up like cats eyes in the dark in torchlight.

I am not sure how popular this would be (but it might drag D&P down to Hampshire more often icon_wink.gif)

Anyone know of anything similar in the UK?

I know there are similar in the USA.

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

Sounds great, We can't wait to try it.

Make it soon while it gets dark early, so the kids don't have to be up to late.

I wondered about something similar using the lights of the refinery, but have not come up with a viable plan yet!

Tech-no notice

Originally posted by The Merman:

I was mulling over the idea of doing a new cache which would be a night only cache.

As you say, there's (at least) one like that in USA.

When we went to the Netherlands in the summer, they did a weekend camp with a night-cache, and they used small screw-topped platic bottles (maybe 50% bigger than 35mm film can) with reflective tape on them, hung on the trees... the main bit of the walking was on the road / paths, but the caches were maybe 20 to 40 ft inside th woods.... invisible in the day, but pretty easy in the dark. (the final cache was a traditional).

Go for it I say.... sounds good fun! We'll happily be the first, to try it out!

Paul

Team Blitz

White gravel? What white gravel? I can't see any.... heck, who cares!

I went out today and bought the reflective tape (£3.49 from Halfords)

I came back to my boat and went into Mapsource to check out a couple of areas.

OMally and I are doing a D&P on Saturday and going out nightcaching, so it might be placed for Sunday......watch this space!! icon_biggrin.gif

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

I think there is at least one like you describe over here! I have a feeling it is a Halloween cache and I've not searched for it. I think they used reflective bike lights and hung them from trees as well. I think it was one of Otis Pugs caches in LA but I'm not certain.

I don't hunt for caches at night even at dusk round here the coyotes start howling and I like to get back to the car asap!!

'Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!'

Eleanor Roosevelt

quote:
Originally posted by The Merman:

The deed is done and am just waiting approval.

Bye the way, when I checked it out in the dark I couldn't find my way back to the car (Makes noise like Mutly from whacky races) icon_biggrin.gif

See the advice given on this cache (which is similar, GC2059) in Stockholm