Time for a new forum?

Maybe the time has come for UK cachers to approach the powers that be and place a request for a second United Kingdom forum.

As we seem to have had this forum hijacked for political use, we should have another seperate forum for Geocaching related issues specific to the UK.

Everytime someone tries to introduce a question or thought about cache related topics, the thread gets hijacked by spurious argument. Or, alternately pushed down to the bottom of the page by people replying to political threads.

The vote is a simple yes or no, but comments are welcome. icon_smile.gif

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

quote:
Originally posted by SimonG:

I'm not clear on what the two fora would be about. One would be for 'Geocaching related issues specific to the UK', but what's the other one for?

One would be for people to continue to have debates.

The other for discussing geocaching specifics(eg. Problem caches, what gps, etc.)

In the same way as the cousins have a general forum and one for cache related topics.

I know that we could post on the forums there but we in the UK have a different posting style and our issues are more UK specific. If I mention about Mapsource for example it would probably be relating to R&R UK or Metroguide Europe. If I need a new gps, knowing that Kmart are doing them for $130 plus mail in rebate is no use to me in England.

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

Can we have a button to vote for one less UK forum?

GC.com are more likely to shut us down than give us another forum, because quite frankly, we have become an embarrassment to the rest of the Geocaching world.

I truly beseech GC to close us down for six months, allow us all to remember what the hobby was that brought us all here in the first place, and maybe things will go back to the way they where when I first visited - a pleasure to be a part of and a credit to this, and any sport.

There.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

quote:
Originally posted by Team Galaxy:

Can we have a button to vote for one less UK forum?

GC.com are more likely to shut us down than give us another forum, because quite frankly, we have become an embarrassment to the rest of the Geocaching world.

I truly beseech GC to close us down for six months, allow us all to remember what the hobby was that brought us all here in the first place, and maybe things will go back to the way they where when I first visited - a pleasure to be a part of and a credit to this, and any sport.

There.

_Everyone is entitled to my opinion..._

Fair comment, but I must say I've noticed how folks seem to be a tad friendlier round these parts lately: almost comparable to the so-called "Golden Age" of the Fifties after the horrors of WWII (not intending to offend old-soldiers by comparison, of course). I say let the dust settle and perhaps we can all learn from the sad situation we've recently experienced.