Release Notes (Adventure Lab®: Highly recommend checkbox) - April 8, 2024

Release Notes (Adventure Lab®: Highly recommend checkbox) - April 8, 2024

With this release (version 1.28.0), the Adventure Lab® team at Geocaching HQ introduces a new checkbox on the “Review” screen for Premium members.

If a Premium member completes an Adventure and rates the Adventure five stars, the following option appears:

Highly Recommended Checkbox (not selected).png

If a player selects the checkbox, an animation plays, and the checkbox is highlighted:

Highly Recommended Checkbox (selected).png

If a player selects the checkbox “Yes, I highly recommend this Adventure *Premium member feature” Geocaching HQ evaluates that optional, anonymous feedback to determine “Highly recommended Adventures.” Future releases will utilize this feedback to recognize “Highly recommended Adventures.”

Adam (Captain_Cookie), Adventure Lab® Support Manager, is watching this thread to answer questions whenever possible.

Any posts in this thread should relate to features in this release. Comments unrelated to the release may be removed. Please direct unrelated comments to other appropriate threads. Thanks!

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
57 minutes ago, HHL said:

Will there be a way to filter on those recommended AdventureLabs?

Greetings @HHL, this release relates solely to the checkbox added to "Review" screen to gather optional and anonymous feedback about the Adventure. Information about the application of this feedback in the Adventure Lab® app will be shared in future releases.

1 hour ago, Captain_Cookie said:

Greetings @HHL, this release relates solely to the checkbox added to "Review" screen to gather optional and anonymous feedback about the Adventure. Information about the application of this feedback in the Adventure Lab® app will be shared in future releases.

That's a complicated way to state, not now, but maybe in the future.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Geocaching HQ said:

If a player selects the checkbox “Yes, I highly recommend this Adventure *Premium member feature” Geocaching HQ evaluates that optional, anonymous feedback to determine “Highly recommended Adventures.” Future releases will utilize this feedback to recognize “Highly recommended Adventures.”threads. Thanks!

Is there any way a premium feature could be added for "Not Recommended?"

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 2
  • Surprised 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Corfman Clan said:

That's a complicated way to state, not now, but maybe in the future.

8 hours ago, Captain_Cookie said:

Will Newly released Lab Adventures be favored? They can collect more 'highly recommended' notes than the Lab Adventures, which had many visitors before such notes were possible. Is it fair that such a note is used to determine “Highly recommended Adventures.”
3 hours ago, JL_HSTRE said:

Is this like Favorites where you can only give the accolade to 1 in 10?

Or can Finders highly recommend every Lab they complete? Because if so then you haven't solved the problem.

Hi @JL_HSTRE, there is no limit to the number of "highly recommend checkboxes" a Premium member can select. Please note however that the "highly recommend checkbox" will only appear if a Premium member awards an Adventure five stars. If a Premium member awards an Adventure with a less than five-star rating, the checkbox will not appear.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
6 hours ago, Captain_Cookie said:

Please note however that the "highly recommend checkbox" will only appear if a Premium member awards an Adventure five stars. If a Premium member awards an Adventure with a less than five-star rating, the checkbox will not appear.

That's a good limitation, but an inadequate one. AL average ratings show the vast majority of cachers are giving almost every Lab five stars.

• Upvote 4

I don't really see the point. If I award an AL five stars, then of course I would recommend it. Why wouldn't I recommend an AL when I give it five stars?

I often do not award ALs five stars, but I would still recommend it. An AL doesn't have to be perfect to be enjoyable

15 hours ago, JL_HSTRE said:

AL average ratings show the vast majority of cachers are giving almost every Lab five stars.

That may be the case in the US, but definitely not in Europe. :D

There are owners here who only give one star rating (they do it with their account and their sock puppet account) just to prevent the AdventureLab from starting.

Edited by HHL
  • Funny 2
  • Surprised 1