Spooky Coincidences

1) Me & Pid recently went out looking for a place to plant a cache and ended up at a nice little church in the middle of the country down a single track road. After we had checked it all out found a place for the cache (a footpath leading from the back of the church) and created a clue we decided it would be a bit too similar to one of our other caches so planted it elsewhere. Last week Dick and Doris planted a cache at the same location where you must find a clue then follow the footpath out the back of the church!

2) A few months ago I came up with a great location for a cache in Ampthill. I Checked geocacaching.com for caches in the area but not knowing the area very well must have missed an important detail! Went along, spent ages planting and setting up the cache, got home & checked for nearest and 0.2 of a mile away was a new cache by Pharisee!

3) Taken from a log off one of my caches, where to gain the final coords, numbers must be taken from a ring of graves - Bucks Bodgers wrote 'One strange occurance. The daughter of a good friend of ours died whilst on holiday some years ago, the daughter was also the girl friend of our eldest son. Her stone is in the Hughenden Rememberance Gardens. Niether my daughter nor I had ever visited the stone or had any idea where it was. It was the 5th stone in the circle and the first to be viewed for the first part of the search, strange or what?'

Has anyone else had any strange occurences whilst caching???

Its just a hunt for a lunch box, why be so serious!?! badgerslayer.gif

Dan Wilson - www.Buckscaching.co.uk

Well I wouldn't call this a spooky coincidence, but it's similar to a couple of Dan's examples.

A while back I was working on a new multicache which began by taking you to two locations in the town of Thaxted. I knew there was already a cache in Thaxted, because I'd seen the waypoint in MapSource, but it wasn't near my two locations so I wasn't worried about it.

Anyway, I was preparing to go to Thaxted and work out exactly where I was going to place the micros, and I thought, while I'm there I might as well find that other cache. So I visited the cache page and found that it too was a multi, which takes you to both the locations I was planning to use! I had to hastily relocate the beginning of my series to another village nearby.

SimonG.org - now with added blog!

You think that's a coincidence? Well I was just about to write a post on coincidence so that's a coincidence in itself icon_wink.gif

Anyway the real coincidence. I was out caching today around Surrey and had just found my first cache (no names, no advertising). I decided to hide it just a little bit better and as I was doing so I saw a glint of blue about foot away. I scraped off the leaf cover and there was a second cache box.

This had been placed about 18 months ago by another well known geocacher (RL). Neither cache owner knew of the existence of the other cache.

What are the chances of two people, 18 months apart choosing the exact same bush to hide their caches in? I reckon it must be astronomical.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

Whilst working on an idea for a multi clue cache I walked round my local town taking photos of things to use as clues. Whilst searching for a location for the final physical cache I had to wait for a week as I was busy at work. before I had time to finish the cache a new one appeared on the site. I was able to solve most of the clues by looking at the photos I had taken without leaving the house

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Wilson:

2) A few months ago I came up with a great location for a cache in Ampthill. I Checked geocacaching.com for caches in the area but not knowing the area very well must have missed an important detail! Went along, spent ages planting and setting up the cache, got home & checked for nearest and 0.2 of a mile away was a new cache by Pharisee!

Waa! You guys should come up to the midlands and plant loads of caches up here! :D Incredible!

Took Log Book, Left Nothing