Blue ! on website, but NOT on app.

Mitragorz

I've done some searching here and saw that a lot of people have this issue with the app.  But this is my issue with the website.  Some found caches are showing as blue exclamation points on the website instead of yellow smileys.  On the app, they're showing as they're supposed to.  I don't have any pending drafts on either the website or the app.  Normally when I'm caching, I log on my phone as a draft, then use my laptop to log that draft when I get home.  Even if I'm using my Montana, I think it's easer to log with the iPhone than to get home, plug the GPSr into the laptop, and upload the field notes.  

Any thoughts for a fix?  Here are screenshots of the same location on the website and on the app.

Blue!onwebsite.thumb.png.ace4bcf13097bd9bf43cc66d0534a343.pngIMG_2050.thumb.PNG.5f409128302d2630709a3257f207894c.PNGNoDrafts.thumb.png.f9358a1b1fa7216da21a4330e192a03d.pngIMG_2051.thumb.PNG.a58786798e4e1374864bcbcdb42e5698.PNG

Edited by Mitragorz
  • Upvote 1

See this thread:  https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/397820-maps-showing-instead-of-a-smile/

There seem to be several ways to cause a phantom (!) Draft Icon to appear on the web site map.  I tested similar ideas using The Official App, and created  icons where the map (!) persists after clearing the (!) in the App.  However they are created, the result is the same:

A (!) icon that won't clear on the web site Browse map, with no pending Drafts.

Here's what was suggested in the other thread, which worked for me:

Open a cache page, create a log, such as a Note Log, submit the log, then delete the log (or not).  This clears the (!) icon.  This may be a chore if there are a bunch of such (!) icons to clear.

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, kunarion said:

Here's what was suggested in the other thread, which worked for me:

Open a cache page, create a log, such as a Note Log, submit the log, then delete the log (or not).  This clears the (!) icon.  This may be a chore if there are a bunch of such (!) icons to clear.

That worked.  Tedious, but it's getting the job done.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1