Where do you get your bits?

spog

I got my camera from a sports shop, but I suppose its much over muchness really and depends on how good your container is.

Tupperware is pretty standard but for my 1st cache I used a BDH plastic screwcap chemical bottle container - so far its proved perfect if not a little small.

I'm tempted to try an army surplus container for the next cache I do - seems like a reasonable thing to try and use.

Eddie.

Asda do a range of tupperware type boxes at 97p.

As for bits, Poundland, souvenier shops and closing down sales. If you get expensive stuff and it gets nicked you loose a lot. Anyway, its finding the cache and not the value that makes it worthwhile.

naffita

Poundstretcher have 7 boxes for £2.99 ranging from 5.6 LTR down to 0.2 LTR and cameras for £2.50 and spiral notebooks for 67pence

Tesco ect. have zip-up food bags.

Army surplus have ammo boxes but they are about £5.00

[This message was edited by Nia on March 20, 2002 at 06:59 AM.]

In trying to get some more at a different (ie. smaller) branch of Woolies they didn't have any icon_frown.gif - so it looks like only larger branches stock these super duper boxes.

Prices range from 70p (350 ml) to £2.00 (2.0 litre)

There's one planted out there now, but not yet active.... so we'll see how it holds up in "battlefield" conditions icon_wink.gif

In trying to get some more at a different (ie. smaller) branch of Woolies they didn't have any icon_frown.gif - so it looks like only larger branches stock these super duper boxes.

Prices range from 70p (350 ml) to £2.00 (2.0 litre)

There's one planted out there now, but not yet active.... so we'll see how it holds up in "battlefield" conditions icon_wink.gif

Best deal so far has to be Poundstretcher. £2.99 buys you 7 tupperware containers. Biggest is a whopping 5.6l, with the rest incrementally smaller. That's 3/4 caches for £3, with something to keep your sandwiches in as well!

Poundstretcher - the official shop of Geocaching!