Deleting duplicate logs

The issue of duplicate logs has come up with some fellow cachers and some have chosen to delete their duplicate logs (as found using the bad logs link on project GC) as it is showing more smilies than actual finds 

For those reading this who are unaware of duplicate logging - these duplicate logs are on older caches and were done some time ago when it was possible to log a cache as 'found' more than once (not that you were supposed to, though there were a small handful of caches where that was allowed) - Now you are not able to do any further 'found it' logs once you have done the first one.
Back in the day this often occurred unwittingly when logging out in the field - signal was bad and you keep pressing 'send' thinking it hasnt gone, but it turns out it got sent several times and you are none the wiser and ended up logging the cache as found more than once and on some occasions (I have seen) six or seven times - and unless you looked back on that log you would still be none the wiser.
The find bad logs tool in PGC became very helpful in identifying those.

Anyhow - one cacher has tried to delete their logs and has advised that it didn't work - the cache in question is archived but not locked 
I was under the impression you could still delete your own log on an archived cache unless it was locked

Is this wrong or is there a glitch in the system regarding this process 

thanks

Tim - ddm

I just went to an archived cache from few years ago and deleted a note I had on there with no issues.

If the cache is locked, or even worse, retracted, then you can't delete your logs on it, but of it's simply archived, there shouldn't be any issues.

• Upvote 1