Mysery Cache setup

Help!

How do I enter my cache coordinates, so they are not viable? I can see the coordinates at the top of the page, and they automatically populate in the checker, am I the only one to see this? I have selected 'hide' in the waypoint.

I have my coordinates (eg) S30 28.0657 E153 02.6987. So 4 decimal places. my puzzle works out ot these 4 decimal places. Do I need to change this to only three? I see the checker will accept 4 decimal palces.

Edited by FoundOneThong

I'm assuming you are talking about your puzzle "North Beach". Currently, your posted coordinates are the same as the final coords. Yes, the final coords are hidden, but your posted coords are the same as them. So we do see them automatically put into the checker.

Change your posted coords to something like S 30° 28.000' E 153° 02.000', or something else that is not where the cache is actually hidden. You have to a) make sure the posted coordinates are on public property, hopefully in the middle of an intersection or something that wouldn't actually contain a cache or b) clearly put NOTHING AT POSTED COORDS or something like that at the top of your cache page, as not to confuse beginner cachers.

Oh, and also, the coords you gave us are NOT what the puzzle solves for. You'll probably want to fix that.

1 hour ago, FoundOneThong said:

I have my coordinates (eg) S30 28.0657 E153 02.6987. So 4 decimal places. my puzzle works out ot these 4 decimal places. Do I need to change this to only three? I see the checker will accept 4 decimal palces.

Three digits is what is widely accepted, the checker will give the green light to anybody who just doesn't put the fourth digit.

I had my cords in the wrong place. I just needed someone to explain where I put what. I also did not understand that the coords you give as a hint can be witching 161m, I had my actual coordinates there. I could not find a rundown on how to enter a mystery cache. All good now thanks.