Where to get a 20+ reaching pole?

Sleepy205

2 hours ago, Sleepy205 said:

My dads birthday is coming up, and we're both into caching. There are several caches near us that require a 20+ ft reaching pole, but I have no clue where to start looking for one. 

I've used extension poles sold for paint rollers, for fruit pickers, and for tree pruners. Paint stores, garden stores, and home stores will probably have extension poles in various lengths. They can also be found online. The longest ones I've used have been in the 15-16 foot range, which could reach 20-22 feet high when I held them overhead, and higher if I held them overhead while standing on a stepladder.

The ones a lot use around here are the telescopic fishing poles - the one I had delivered yesterday extends to about 12m (about 40'), collapses down to 75cm (<3').... this way they fit in suitcases for travel.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:55 PM, lee737 said:

The ones a lot use around here are the telescopic fishing poles - the one I had delivered yesterday extends to about 12m (about 40'), collapses down to 75cm (<3').... this way they fit in suitcases for travel.

Of course I see this 2 days after I order something that's not that compact and Jetstar class as oversize....

10 minutes ago, BFMC said:

Of course I see this 2 days after I order something that's not that compact and Jetstar class as oversize....

We took our pole to the Adelaide Mega the other week, strapped to our ladder, as oversized baggage! :)

4 hours ago, lee737 said:

We took our pole to the Adelaide Mega the other week, strapped to our ladder, as oversized baggage! :)

We took a Haverford 10m squid pole. Had one too many checked items on the way over so had to pay $100 for the privilege.

i’ve taken same to Brisbane and am taking it to Perth in a couple of weeks. On QF its fine, just counts as my checked piece. JQ its oversize.