Can I log a visit by a travel bug retroactively?

CAVinoGal

I just returned from a cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  I dropped several TB's in a cache there, one has since been picked up by another cacher.  I still have all the tracking codes written down.

My usual modus operandi is to log drafts for the caches found, then complete those drafts on my computer later - but I do log travel bug activity right away so the inventory in caches is accurate when someone else finds it before I can properly log it.  I'm now home, and catching up on logs from the trip.  Is there a way to go back now and "Visit" those travel bugs I dropped off at caches we found on our way TO the cruise, to document the bugs travels?  I thought I had done this previously but I can't seem to figure it out now.

If I can't do that, no big deal, they have the mileage from home to Cabo, but I would like to show a couple of visits to caches along the way.  Was this possible before or am I misremembering?

When you promise that that you're not extensively using the visit feature ^_^ I will tell you that it is possible. But the TB must currently be placed in a cache otherwise you have to communicate with the current holder that he/she has to support you with grabbing the TB back when you have finished your retroactively logging.

1) Grab the TB

2) Edit your found logs at (few!!) caches and mark the TB which is now virtually in your inventory to visit the cache.

3) Drop the TB in the cache from where you grabbed the TB.

4) !!!Delete the Grab and Drop log from the TB page!!!

5) Preferably edit the visit logs and leave pictures and/or text

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, Hynz said:

When you promise that that you're not extensively using the visit feature ^_^ I will tell you that it is possible. But the TB must currently be placed in a cache otherwise you have to communicate with the current holder that he/she has to support you with grabbing the TB back when you have finished your retroactively logging.

I promise I will not (do not) extensively use the Visit feature!  On our recent journey from N. California to  Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, we found a few caches on our drive (with me logging drafts) to the cruise terminal, then I dropped several and only now, after returning home, realized I couldn't log a visit by those trackables to a couple of the caches we found on the way down.  So the only way is to grab them, do the visits (only 2 caches), then drop them back in the cache where I left them....and delete my grab and re-drop....got it.

Two have already been picked up and moved on, and I will leave those alone - they did get the miles from home to Cabo.  

Thank you, Hynz - it worked well.  And yes, I did add a picture and text to one of the two visit logs I added to each of the 4 TB's I edited.  https://coord.info/TB36H1X is one, I was able to add logs for 2/18/2024 before the Drop in Cabo San Lucas.

• Upvote 1