MOB Caches - a new tool

1 hour ago, JL_HSTRE said:

Adventure Lab bonus caches do not have an Additional Logging Requirement. There is no requirement to complete the AL to log the bonus cache, although that's certainly usually the easiest way to find the coordinates.

As fas as I know, there was no requirement to play a MOB before to sign the logbook and log it online, but now, someone has interpreted that playing a MOB was an ALR. I guess that someone has misinterpreted that solving the coordinates of mystery cache is an ALR.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Ragnemalm said:

Where is this rule actually stated in the guidelines?

I guess it should be noted here https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=97&pgid=297

But it seems to be this

On 2/1/2024 at 5:48 PM, Keystone said:

Privately, the Reviewers have more detailed guidance, which includes advice to question links to websites that are geocaching or technology related (among other things).  We do not need to question links to websites if Geocaching HQ has indicated their blanket approval.

and this

On 2/1/2024 at 6:28 PM, Keystone said:

If I saw a cache page that links to the OP's website, I wouldn't publish it.  I would "question" it by asking Geocaching HQ if it was permitted.  I would only publish the cache page after they said "yes."

So it may depend on the reviewer? I have not tried to publish anything but Jigidi and Youtube links lately, so I have no experience about any changes how reviewers may react, if I would do something that I am used to do earlier.

Although the website wasn't running for a long time, I'll keep it up until the end of the month. If you want to copy your data you left there, take your chance before the 1st March. 

Thank you for all your support given here on the forum and in private messages. I believed I could add something valuable for the community.

If the next consequence is archiving all Jigidi geocaches, it was dadgum worth it :laughing:

• Upvote 9
  • Funny 3

This MOB cache is one of my most memorable multi-cache finds.  https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC6TWAG

It had seven stages and four of them were MOB, including one that was in the middle of a lake (stage 6).  Denali41 and I did this together and we had five devices between the two of us to get the MOB stages.  While there were seven Found It logs on the cache, four of them were "beta testers" that never actually worked through every stage (including one of the team cache owners), they were only present when the final was placed..  Denali41 and I were the only two true finders.

Edited by icezebra11
On 2/17/2024 at 8:50 AM, Ragnemalm said:

If that would be the case, it would be wonderful! I don't need to collect data to make a fun myst based on an online solution.

What is a myst based game? Is this a type of home built adventure/point an click game you have created to bolt on to a cache? Sounds interesting.

On 2/16/2024 at 3:03 PM, Keystone said:

You can figure out the answer by reading this page.

It is unnecessary to set up an account to solve puzzles there - unless you wish to log out and resume later for some reason - but leaving a browser tab open works fine, too.

Even after an account is set up, you can opt out of use of your data apart from what's necessary to fully use the site (as mentioned above, saving puzzle states, 'posting' puzzles for others to solve, etc.).  I don't see anything there that would run afoul of privacy requirements.

On 2/19/2024 at 7:45 AM, icezebra11 said:

This MOB cache is one of my most memorable multi-cache finds.  https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC6TWAG

It had seven stages and four of them were MOB, including one that was in the middle of a lake (stage 6).  Denali41 and I did this together and we had five devices between the two of us to get the MOB stages.  While there were seven Found It logs on the cache, four of them were "beta testers" that never actually worked through every stage (including one of the team cache owners), they were only present when the final was placed..  Denali41 and I were the only two true finders.

Wish I'd been with you guys.  That said, how is it that it didn't get archived due to Stage 5 issues?

Just realized I haven't seen a CEGT cache since 2017.

16 hours ago, ecanderson said:

Wish I'd been with you guys.  That said, how is it that it didn't get archived due to Stage 5 issues?

Just realized I haven't seen a CEGT cache since 2017.

Hey Chris,

That would have been a fun boat ride with you and Sherwood. :D

CEGT was primarily MemfisMafia and Barasaur.  Since the Mafia moved to Florida, CEGT hasn't launched any new caches.

Stage 5 was in a small hidden park between Pratt and Bross, north of 2nd.  It is open seasonally and with certain hours.  There was a sign with a number to call and that's how we gained access.

On 3/28/2024 at 9:34 AM, icezebra11 said:

Hey Chris,

That would have been a fun boat ride with you and Sherwood. :D

CEGT was primarily MemfisMafia and Barasaur.  Since the Mafia moved to Florida, CEGT hasn't launched any new caches.

Stage 5 was in a small hidden park between Pratt and Bross, north of 2nd.  It is open seasonally and with certain hours.  There was a sign with a number to call and that's how we gained access.

Interesting.  I have a 'stage' of an adventure in the same park that I may have to adjust to another location.  It used to be open to the public apart from special events - they would sometimes rent it for weddings on weekends.  Lately, it seems to be closed pretty much 24/7/365.