How do I make a search with all found caches of a specific user?

Lusatho

Search: If I use the filter "found by" and choose a specific user name I got a list with all caches found by me - and not found by the specific user. But there are also user names where the filter works (but in this case there is no correct sort of found date possible).  I'm a little bit astonished because this works till a few weeks agp? What happened or what is the mistake that it doesn't work now?

12 minutes ago, HHL said:

That's correct if the user has no privacy limitations. But if you choose an user who don't want us to show his founds it don't work. But till a few weeks ago you could see the founds of such an user with privacy limitations. So I think they would have fixed "this bug" - unfortunately!

• Surprised 1
30 minutes ago, Lusatho said:

I'm a little bit astonished because this works till a few weeks agp? What happened or what is the mistake that it doesn't work now?

If the user selects "Geocaches found = private" under Settings>User Privacy you can't get any longer see the finds of that user.

HHLs link was working also for such user for a long time but recently it was disabled.

I consider it *very* unfortunate that Groundspeak allows this restriction which in my point of view can not be considered necessary or compulsory for complying with any local laws about privacy (GDPR in the European Union, CCPA in California, etc.)

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 2
3 minutes ago, Hynz said:

I consider it *very* unfortunate that Groundspeak allows this restriction which in my point of view can not be considered necessary or compulsory for complying with any local laws about privacy (GDPR in the European Union, CCPA in California, etc.)

I completely agree with that.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Hynz said:

If the user selects "Geocaches found = private" under Settings>User Privacy you can't get any longer see the finds of that user.

HHLs link was working also for such user for a long time but recently it was disabled.

Thank you very much for your explanation - that's my experience too and so I know it isn't a problem of my system or my doing. It's a pity that Groundspeak had introduced such privacy functions because it's a game - not more. Why is it possible to hide your founds? I'll never understand this.

• Funny 1