Events longer than 1 day

j0ckser

At one time attendees at an event could (mistakenly) log 'attended' on a date different from the event date. Now, the only option is to log the date of the event.

GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit, TELUS World of Science (GC58J1B), Edmonton, Canada was open from 18-Jul-2014 to 11-Jun-2015. During those 11ish months 200+ people logged 'attended' on various dates while the event was open. I attended 25-Apr-2015.

I know not whether this 'cache event' is still available, but I am wondering, if it still runs as it did then, how Groundspeak would square the enforced logging of the event on the day it opens, with cachers attending on subsequent dates?

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

My 10k milestone is locked in as:

GC8FYA6 GPS Adventures Maze - Wauseon, Ohio 

A cache by Midwest Geobash      Hidden : 07/24/2021

Exhibit Hours:

· Thursday, July 22, 2021 – (5pm - 7pm) – First Look
MWGB 2021 Flamingo Club Members, Super Awesome Flamingo Friends, Friends of the Maze, Sponsors/Special Guests Only
· Friday, July 23, 2021 – (5p-7pm) – Open to the Public
· Saturday, July 24, 2021 – (10am - 4:30pm) – Open to the Public

I paid for the "Flamingo Club" registration package so that I could visit and log this icon as my 10k milestone on 7/22/2021, carefully planning out my day so that I was at 9,999 when I got in line for the maze. After the visit, I submitted my "found it" log and took screenshots of the congratulatory  10,000th find screen and the smiley face showing on the event. Later that evening, my log was gone. I resubmitted with a friend watching and we both saw my found it log on our separate devices and then moments later, refreshed the screen and saw my log disappear. It was automatically deleted by HQ without any notification because the posted event date was in the future. 

I was able not able to log the event until 7/24. This was the day when my friends and I achieved a busy day of 15 icons, but for me it should have been only 14 since I considered my GPS Adventures Maze visit to be find 10k on 7/22. I did re-visit the exhibit on 7/24, but it bothers me that both my milestone and my busy day stats were impacted.

I have visited two other Adventure Maze exhibits, both on the day prior to the date that I was forced to log the events by HQ. I consider it a "bug" but I guess HQ considers it a "feature."

• Helpful 1