Filtering by Negative Attributes

MasterSergeantUSMC

Question for folks please ... on the GC Home page filter options (as well as mobile) as well as other API partners (Cachly for example), I do not see a way to filter by negative attributes. For example, one might want to build a fizzle challenge based on "Not Available At All Times". To be honest, I am not sure a checker could be built within Project GC.

However, if I look at My Geocaching Profile, I have the ability to see progress on Negative Attribute Fizzys.

I am not a well-versed API expert, but I am wondering how that is possible? And then not possible through other filtering efforts. 

2 hours ago, MasterSergeantUSMC said:

However, if I look at My Geocaching Profile, I have the ability to see progress on Negative Attribute Fizzys.

I am not a well-versed API expert, but I am wondering how that is possible?

MyGeocachingProfile (and Project-GC) downloads all the data for all of your finds, and then filters by negative attributes itself. It can then generate statistics, such as the ones you described.

To be honest, I am not sure a checker could be built within Project GC.

Yes, that is possible: https://project-gc.com/Challenges//84311

And then not possible through other filtering efforts. 

A Pocket Query can be used to filter for negative attributes.

Edited by Hügh

I have been told that attributes and their negative versions are allowed in challenges but missing attributes are not allowed. For example, it is not allowed to make an ape challenge for caches that have tree climbing attribute and no climbing gear attribute.

1 hour ago, Hügh said:

A Pocket Query can be used to filter for negative attributes.

I read that to get the negative attribute you click on the attribute icon twice on the pocket query, but when I do that it just deselects it. What am I doing wrong?

Just now, Max and 99 said:

I read that to get the negative attribute you click on the attribute icon twice on the pocket query, but when I do that it just deselects it. What am I doing wrong?

That is correct. Make sure the attribute you are clicking twice on is one that actually has a negative version.