Stats and Adventure labs Mark them as Virtual caches

I did my first yesterday just to try it out, the results show in my calendar days but not in the list of recent finds also they mess up the grid for cache-type numbers.  I am sure this has been talked about before but why can't the steps in an AL be counted as virtual caches, its better than the old virtual cache system because the geo fence shows you were at the place.  also may just add a line at the bottom of the cache type grid showing labs found so the numbers all match.  Just wondering.

The short answer is that the coding for adventure Lab Caches have no country, region, size, d/t, attributes, publish dates and more that geocaches has. 

More answers from Moun10Bike can be read in this tread:

If the found ALC mess up your statistics you can delete them or start a account where you only find Adventure Lab Caches on.

• Helpful 2

Well as far as the types of caches mentioned by Moun10Bike it is not true,  I started looking back in my souvenirs today and noticed I have one for China in 2005, Well I have never been thee, so I looked back and there was a location less cache where you needed to post a photo that related to an Olympic sport, I did curling I have been curling for 24 years.  So I got a Chia badge because the Olympics were there.

The last find in the AL I did gave me my 2000th find I had planned 2000 for an upcoming Hawaii trip. I saw somewhere where you can have the AL's removed from the geocache stats, but I can't find that link yet, I will look for it its been a busy day.  Thanks for responding

52 minutes ago, geohiker55 said:

I saw somewhere where you can have the AL's removed from the geocache stats, but I can't find that link yet, I will look for it its been a busy day.

Log in to labs.geocaching.com and from the drop-down menu in the top right, next to your caching name, select View Finds. Each stage of each AL has a Delete button next to it, which just removes it from your caching stats without actually deleting anything. If you want to restore them later, click on Show Deleted Logs right down the bottom and you can then click on the Undelete button next to each one. It's a bit time-consuming if you have a lot of them you want to delete or undelete, and I wish there was a single setting that hid or showed all AL finds, but it's better than nothing I guess.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, geohiker55 said:

Well as far as the types of caches mentioned by Moun10Bike it is not true,  I started looking back in my souvenirs today and noticed I have one for China in 2005, Well I have never been thee, so I looked back and there was a location less cache where you needed to post a photo that related to an Olympic sport, I did curling I have been curling for 24 years.  So I got a Chia badge because the Olympics were there.

The last find in the AL I did gave me my 2000th find I had planned 2000 for an upcoming Hawaii trip. I saw somewhere where you can have the AL's removed from the geocache stats, but I can't find that link yet, I will look for it its been a busy day.  Thanks for responding

You also logged locationless geocaches in Canada, Sweden and somewhere else that same month and I don't see souvenirs on your profile for those countries. So I'm wondering if the China souvenir for the locationless geocache was a glitch?

14 hours ago, geohiker55 said:

I call it a geofence, it might not be the proper word but to get the answers I needed to be there.

The geofence is pretty weak. Anybody can be anywhere they want. Guessing the correct answer is a little bit harder :ph34r:

• Funny 2