Cannot edit lists on iPad

speckledbee

Does anyone else receive this error message when trying to edit a list on the website using an iPad?  The error does not occur on my laptop using MS Edge or on my Android phone - only iPad.  I am unable to create or delete a list, edit the name of a list, delete caches from a list. The error occurs using Safari or Chrome.  I’ve tried all the suggestions and recommended fixes; clear caches android cookies, update the OS, refresh the page, change my browser from Safari to Chrome.  Nothing works.  This has been happening for over a year.  I have contacted support on several occasions. They do not have a fix.  I have found workarounds but would really like to find a fix for this.  The iPad is my preferred device for trip planning and creating lists.  Hoping someone else has run into this problem and has a fix.  Thanks. 

IMG_1100.jpeg

• Helpful 1
5 minutes ago, speckledbee said:

Does anyone else receive this error message when trying to edit a list on the website using an iPad?  The error does not occur on my laptop using MS Edge or on my Android phone - only iPad.  I am unable to create or delete a list, edit the name of a list, delete caches from a list. The error occurs using Safari or Chrome.  I’ve tried all the suggestions and recommended fixes; clear caches android cookies, update the OS, refresh the page, change my browser from Safari to Chrome.  Nothing works.  This has been happening for over a year.  I have contacted support on several occasions. They do not have a fix.  I have found workarounds but would really like to find a fix for this.  The iPad is my preferred device for trip planning and creating lists.  Hoping someone else has run into this problem and has a fix.  Thanks. 

IMG_1100.jpeg

Yes, this issue been around for quite a while. I'm curious what workarounds you have - it’s especially difficult when I want to delete all caches I’ve found from a list, which is a common workflow for me. I used to be able to select all found, check the box, and delete.

7 minutes ago, speckledbee said:

I use the app to create a new list and remove caches (one at a time) from an existing list. If I want to rename a list, I create the new named list in the app and copy the caches from the old list. Or I grab my laptop and make all the changes quicker and easier. 

Oh yeah, I have 31 to delete right now - I don’t want to seek them on my 1000 item list and delete one by one. I’d do it on a laptop if I had a non-work one to use. But these probably work for most people who aren’t me :)

Groundspeak recently revised the logging pages. Unfortunately, some older browsers cannot handle the new implementation. And I'm afraid that your version is indeed too old. It's not unlikely that Groundspeak will improve compatibility with older browsers in the future. But I don't know what priority that has for them.

Unfortunately, I can't think of much I could recommend as a workaround. The original iPad Air doesn't support newer iOS/iPadOS versions. Maybe a third party app could work, for example Cachly only requires iOS 10 (according to the information in the App Store).

23 hours ago, janrei_ said:

Groundspeak recently revised the logging pages. Unfortunately, some older browsers cannot handle the new implementation. And I'm afraid that your version is indeed too old. It's not unlikely that Groundspeak will improve compatibility with older browsers in the future. But I don't know what priority that has for them.

Unfortunately, I can't think of much I could recommend as a workaround. The original iPad Air doesn't support newer iOS/iPadOS versions. Maybe a third party app could work, for example Cachly only requires iOS 10 (according to the information in the App Store).

Thank you.