Garmin device

roxetak

I'm not sure if that's a declarative or interrogative statement, but perhaps is would be more appropriate in a group where the native language is closer to your native one. (Sorry. That's not judgmental; it's just statistics based on our readership/participation..)

This group is dominated by English speakers. Your best chance of getting help - or getting appreciation if you're giving help - is to communicate in English, even if that means using something like translate.google.com.

I think you're asking if any Garmin can record a default 'found it' long with additional text.  If that's the case, it really is up to whatever software (GSAK, etc.) sits between your GPS and the upload API to search and replace that text on the way.

On 11/18/2023 at 9:05 AM, robertlipe said:

I'm not sure if that's a declarative or interrogative statement, but perhaps is would be more appropriate in a group where the native language is closer to your native one. (Sorry. That's not judgmental; it's just statistics based on our readership/participation..)

This group is dominated by English speakers. Your best chance of getting help - or getting appreciation if you're giving help - is to communicate in English, even if that means using something like translate.google.com.

I think you're asking if any Garmin can record a default 'found it' long with additional text.  If that's the case, it really is up to whatever software (GSAK, etc.) sits between your GPS and the upload API to search and replace that text on the way.

Jusr for you:

Hi.  Is there a Garmin device that supports adding longer text than "Found it"?  Where I can enter a long text, log, that I always use to log the geocache.  Well thank you.

• Surprised 2
2 hours ago, roxetak said:

Where I can enter a long text, log, that I always use to log the geocache.

Please! Nobody - neither cache owner nor listing reader - are interested in long copy&paste texts which have no relation to the very cache they are posted to.

Either take your time to leave a meaningfull text (which does not necessary have to be long and can also be writen later at home) or if you can't be bothered to respect the intention logs have been introduced keep them at least short so we can easily ignore them.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
10 hours ago, roxetak said:

Jusr for you:

Hi.  Is there a Garmin device that supports adding longer text than "Found it"?  Where I can enter a long text, log, that I always use to log the geocache.  Well thank you.

I looked at a couple of your logs. If you would limit you comments to finding the cache you wouldn't need such a Garmin.  

• Helpful 1