Reproduction of photos - is permission required?

Tuena

I have received an email from a curator of a heritage museum asking could they have permission to use reproductions of photos from one of my waymarks. Apart from my photos two have been added by visitors. Can I just give permission or is there a procedure? I have seen a few of my photos on the net & these show the source as Waymarking.com as I recall. 

3 minutes ago, Tuena said:

I have received an email from a curator of a heritage museum asking could they have permission to use reproductions of photos from one of my waymarks. Apart from my photos two have been added by visitors. Can I just give permission or is there a procedure? I have seen a few of my photos on the net & these show the source as Waymarking.com as I recall. 

I'd say as long as you own/took the photo you are allowed to give permission. If someone visited your waymark and uploaded photos, they will need to ask them (and not you) to use them. I would ask them to clarify which photos they would like.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, bluesnote said:

I'd say as long as you own/took the photo you are allowed to give permission. If someone visited your waymark and uploaded photos, they will need to ask them (and not you) to use them. I would ask them to clarify which photos they would like.

That's a pretty good reply.

While I've also been asked for permission to use my photos, the issue of third party photos from Waymark visitors has not yet occurred here.

I'd have to say that Adam is pretty much correct here.

Keith

• Helpful 1