What do you do with a log that gives answers away?

DolphinTiger56

21 minutes ago, DolphinTiger56 said:

Hello! I started geocaching a year ago, and have hid 4 caches, but some logs give the cache spots away. What do I do?

Thanks for reading! (TFR)

You can ask them to delete their log or edit it. I checked out the logs on your two active geocaches, both traditionals, and I did not see anything that I thought gave away the location. Seem to be just general location pics. 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, DolphinTiger56 said:

Hello! I started geocaching a year ago, and have hid 4 caches, but some logs give the cache spots away. What do I do?

Thanks for reading! (TFR)

I have caches where I don't really care (or at least I'm very tolerant of spoilers, and a bunch of them with disclaimers that say something like "Spoiler logs or photos will be deleted, and you'll be enthusiastically invited to come back and re-log without the spoilers."

Then, I DO IT. I could send them a message and wait for them to fix it, but if it takes two weeks for them to get to it, then that's two weeks of people reading my crafted puzzles, along with some knucklehead's specific instructions. Nope.

Too often, cachers, especially newer cachers seem to have the attitude that it's 'us against them', and they want to 'help future seekers'. They're not helping.

As long as my cache descriptions have the warning, I don't feel bad about deleting the log. I send my notes to them in the Message Center and email, if they have an email address. 

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2