Setting dates in Filter for a search

wimseyguy

I wanted to get a count of how many active 2001 caches are in my state. But the before (and probably the other options) field does not let me enter the desired date. Instead, the system expects me to click the back arrow ~150 times to backtrack from Sept. 2003 to Dec. 2001. That isn't a very friendly user interface. I was smart enough to just let it show me all of the caches in NC, sort by placed date, and count them manually. There are only 50 in case anyone wonders.

I'm not a developer or site designer but I don't understand why it is this way. I also understand that some countries display the date differently than others. But that issue can easily be resolved by showing "Be sure your date is posted as MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY" or whichever format is needed in parentheses under the field like so many other websites do.

23 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

If you click on the year field in the calendar widget, you can type the year you want (or use the up/down arrows to scroll through the available years). As you have found, that functionality is not very discoverable.

Thanks for the quick response.  That does cut down on the necessary clicks. But what is the benefit of hiding that feature? Or preventing users from just entering the desired date themselves?

Edited by wimseyguy