Wheel of Challenges

sneakyshane

36 minutes ago, sneakyshane said:

Hello! I'm fairly new to geocaching, and I'm just wondering how the wheel of challenge works. do i need to collect the points or does it just happen automatically? and is there a way to see how many points I have? 

thanks for your time!

SneakyShane

Each monthly wheel promo had a different set of criteria to earn points. This month you can see your point totals on your leaderboard which is accessible on your profile/dashboard.

If you need help finding that let us know.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 2

You need to go out and find geocaches (those with more favorite points will earn you more points).  Your Leaderboard (on your Dashboard, left side of the screen) will show you how many points you have accumulated to date, and how much longer there is in the current wheel challenge.  The points are automatically calculated for you, just go out and do some geocaching!

You haven't hidden any caches yet, but those of us who have also accrue points when someone places a favorite on one of our hidden caches.  So far, hubby has 100 points more than I do, as he's garnered 2 favorite points on his hides, and no one has favorited mine yet this campaign.

ETA: I see Max and 99 replied as I was typing!  I'm glad our answers agree!

Edited by CAVinoGal
Typo edits, additional information
  • Helpful 1
12 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Each monthly wheel promo had a different set of criteria to earn points. This month you can see your point totals on your leaderboard which is accessible on your profile/dashboard.

If you need help finding that let us know.

11 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

You need to go out and find geocaches (those with more favorite points will earn you more points).  Your Leaderboard (on your Dashboard, left side of the screen) will show you how many points you have accumulated to date, and how much longer there is in the current wheel challenge.  The points are automatically calculated for you, just go out and do some geocaching!

You haven't hidden any caches yet, but those of us who have also accrue points when someone places a favorite on one of our hidden caches.  So far, hubby has 100 points more than I do, as he's garnered 2 favorite points on his hides, and no one has favorited mine yet this campaign.

ETA: I see Max and 99 replied as I was typing!  I'm glad our answers agree!

found it! thanks to the both of you!