Favourites not being included in the stats section of profile

Deepdiggingmole

I noted today that the favourite count on my owned caches as shown in the stats bar was lower than the actual figure (by 3) 
I checked against the list you see in quick view /  geocaches (yours) which to be honest I expected to be the same but the numbers there were what they should be 
I had eventually identified the three caches where the numbers differed and I wasnt expecting the two lists on the same website to actually be different 

Up until now I was aware that any fav points given were processed immediately in the various stats lists on GC but on this occasion (noted yesterday evening) I was aware quite quickly that the numbers in the Stats bar hadn't gone up - though oddly some that had been given today did get accounted for which makes me think the missing 3 may remain missing and this may affect the wheel of challenge stats 

20 hours ago, Hügh said:

I added up the FPs on your owned hides, and got a total of 1980. This seems to match what is displayed on your profile:

Screenshot2023-09-09at13_13_14.png.c539716d7f142a34d9cb1f53b094915b.png

The one generated by Project-GC (which can be up to 48 hours behind) also displays 1980:

Deepdiggingmole.png?quote=I%2Blike%2Bcha

Where exactly are you seeing a discrepancy?

Yes - this is what I saw- the first image is what is seen in Stats bar but at the point that you took those screenshots I actually had 1983 FPs (PGC was behind in the count as 3 had been added after the days count up on PGC, but just so happened to show the same as the stats bar figure) I confirmed the 1983 when I checked against the list you see in quick view /  geocaches (yours) 

as stated in the OP - Both these lists Stats bar and quickview / geocaches yours (discount PGC) should say the same thing but the Stats Bar list was 3 less 

Numbers have changed and it seems the three caches in question have caught up - but one short now from another cache
and to show what I mean by discrepancies 
I have just taken a screenshot of the two lists showing a difference
same cache, same time - shows different FP count

I think it probably means that the stats bar list much like PGC does have a delay and doesn't show immediate figures which it would seem the list in quick view / geocaches (yours) does
I just wasn't excpecting these sorts of numbers to be different in these two lists since both are on the same website 

11A.jpg

Edited by Deepdiggingmole

Ah, I see the discrepancy.

I would assume that the new search (as well as the profile page) is pulling GC9AJ17 from an Elasticsearch database cache, whereas the old page is not. Yay cache invalidation.

Waiting until tomorrow will probably fix the issue.

14 hours ago, Hügh said:

Ah, I see the discrepancy.

I would assume that the new search (as well as the profile page) is pulling GC9AJ17 from an Elasticsearch database cache, whereas the old page is not. Yay cache invalidation.

Waiting until tomorrow will probably fix the issue.

Yup - it is there (the discrepancy that is) and still there 15 hours later - though I guess I should really wait the full 24 hours :-)
My main thought was that this discrepancy could be a factor in the issue around caches not being picked up on the first day of a new souvenir challenge - in this instance linked to favourite points (though I am aware we are a few days in so my example would not have featured at that early stage) 
However I have noted that the fav point given for this cache has been picked up in the challenge wheel list and so the figures given in the Stat Bar section are not linked to challenges stats