Am I too late ??? Any way around this?

Laughalot

Hi All - I am off to USA and Canada tomorrow and while in Canada I wanted to do an event for achieving my 6,000th Geocache - however, as ever, am a last minute person and I cannot choose the date I want, which is 5th September as it seems you have to have at least 2 weeks between setting it up and it happening - Is there any other way I can do this or have I truly missed the boat on this?

Many thanks 

• Funny 1
52 minutes ago, Laughalot said:

Hi All - I am off to USA and Canada tomorrow and while in Canada I wanted to do an event for achieving my 6,000th Geocache - however, as ever, am a last minute person and I cannot choose the date I want, which is 5th September as it seems you have to have at least 2 weeks between setting it up and it happening - Is there any other way I can do this or have I truly missed the boat on this?

Many thanks 

The boat has sailed. 

• Upvote 1

The Cache Submission Page has an enforced limit that prevents creating an event for a date less than two weeks prior to the event date.  A Reviewer cannot override this except in extraordinary circumstances (not present here).

If you had created an event page prior to the enforced deadline, there is leeway allowing publication less than 14 days prior to the event date.  For example, it might take the Reviewer a day or two to check their queue of pending cache submissions to see the new event, or there may be a quick back and forth between the Reviewer and the event host to resolve any questions that the Reviewer might have to ensure that the event meets all the applicable Guidelines.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
On 8/28/2023 at 1:01 PM, Laughalot said:

s there any other way I can do this

Yes, there is a way:

Post a note on a local forum and invite the local geocachers to a location you designate. You can talk to each other very well without an event listing. These are often the more meaningful conversations than those with geocachers just dropping by to pick up a point.
Happy Hunting
Hans

Edited by HHL
typo
  • Helpful 3
  • Love 1