Adventure Lab® + bonus cache - attributes

willy 98

Hello,
if I create a bonus cache for Adventure Lab® (mysteries cache) do I have to select the "bonus cache" attribute in the attributes or is this step only optional? I didn't find anything in the conditions for setting up Adventure Lab®, however the choice of cache attributes is optional.
Thank you

3 hours ago, willy 98 said:

Hello,
if I create a bonus cache for Adventure Lab® (mysteries cache) do I have to select the "bonus cache" attribute in the attributes or is this step only optional? I didn't find anything in the conditions for setting up Adventure Lab®, however the choice of cache attributes is optional.
Thank you

It's optional, in the sense that the system won't force that attribute to be set (there's no internal linkage between an AL and its bonus cache), but it's good practice to set it and your reviewer may ask you to do so. Why would you not want to?

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

and your reviewer may ask you to do so

If you were in my area, and your bonus cache got published without the bonus attribute, I certainly would ask you to add it.

I've sent this exact message to a number of COs over the last couple years:

1084636757_Screenshot2023-06-20at5_24_19PM.thumb.png.280d5e4e5dc9109d7c5e1cfafcd36bb8.png

• Surprised 1
7 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

It's optional, in the sense that the system won't force that attribute to be set (there's no internal linkage between an AL and its bonus cache), but it's good practice to set it and your reviewer may ask you to do so. Why would you not want to?

I'm just asking if it's enforceable from the reviewer. I myself added this attribute to the bonus cache, however, many published caches around me do not have this attribute, although in my opinion it should have. It would be a shame not to mention him.

14 minutes ago, willy 98 said:

it's enforceable from the reviewer

Per Keystone, the Reviewers only enforce four particular attributes, which include Wheelchair Accessible, Wireless Beacon, Challenge Cache, and... not sure what the last one is, but I am under the impression that it is not Bonus cache attribute (else why have I sent so many messages to COs?)

13 hours ago, willy 98 said:

if I create a bonus cache for Adventure Lab® (mysteries cache) do I have to select the "bonus cache" attribute in the attributes or is this step only optional?

It's not mandatory, no. But I'd highly encourage it. That way cachers can either filter search results for it, or filter it out.