"Fishing caches" in Sweden?

keksbande

Hi, I am from Germany and will travel to Sweden and Norway soon. 

Here in Germany these days we have many caches for which you need a long rod to pick them from the trees.

I heard from somebody that this kind of geocaching was orginally started in Sweden and is called "Biltema caching" there. But searching for "Biltema" in the geocaching country search for Sweden does not yield any results. Are these caches common in Sweden or not? Can somebody local tell how me whether there is a common wording in the titles of such caches in sweden? Or do I just have to filter for "special tool required" and then check the results?

Thanks in advance.

You're not allowed to name a cache "Biltema-cache" in Sweden since Biltema is the name of a store so that would be against the commercial guidelines.

Generally they ar marked as a bit of higher T (3+) and have the combination "special tool required" and "no tree climbing required", but there are no guranteed search to find them all. They are referred to as "fiskecacher" or "spöcacher" locally, but it's not guranteed to be included in the name or description.

• Helpful 1