Radio Shack Stores category non-responsive.

Hmmm, I submitted a Radio Shack a few days ago and it was approved fairly quickly. Is yours still waiting in the queue?

[added later] Ah, I am so lazy, all I had to do was look at the category and it is there so it looks like Radio Shack is back in business.

I worked at one in college - such fun. It was a great store back in the day (late 1970s). I still have my LAB 400 turntable and a couple of sets of "Minimus" black metal speakers. Best find was a top end (for the day) cassette deck that had the "Hitachi" name plate rather than the "Realistic" and I snapped it up.

Edited by The Snowdog
On 6/7/2023 at 9:43 AM, The Snowdog said:

Best find was a top end (for the day) cassette deck that had the "Hitachi" name plate rather than the "Realistic" and I snapped it up.

Cool! if not quite today, you likely have a valuable, resalable, if not usable, tape deck which may or may not have been a "fake", but will be quite desirable in just a few decades.

Just kidding!!! Over the years I have managed to give away more than a few old stereo components, some near top line, such as Marantz, that I never thought would ever become valuable.

Had I gotten full "antique" value from the stuff I've given away or trashed, including old computer stuff, I could prolly buy myself another house!!!

Keith

The Radio Shack "Realistic" brand was know for simply re-branding other manufacturer's components. That Hitachi tape deck, for example; that one just slipped through with the wrong face plate. My "Realistic" headphones (really good ones, too, still going after forty years) have "KOSS" embossed on the sides. I never did find out who made the LAB 400 direct drive turntable but mine is still spinning. I'm very happy that vinyl is coming back, for a while it was really tough to find cartridges for it but now they are readily available.

I tell my CS classes that I was the second person in Oklahoma City to  own a TRS-80 Model I Personal Computer. The District Manager snapped up the first one; I got the second one. The third one was our first store display and it sold within the hour.

Edited by The Snowdog
On 5/17/2023 at 4:51 AM, kJfishman said:

Radio Shack Stores category appears to be non-responsive.  If the category has been abandoned I would  take it over to keep it alive.  2 weeks ago I Submitted this and no responce  https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm180MW_Grizzlys_General_And_Skagway_Radioshack_Skagway_AK

Approved later, so, it seems there's not yet cause for COMPLETE concern.