How can I have a line break instead of a paragraph break in cache description?

Smitherington

I am trying to add a list of caches in a series to some existing caches of mine.  

The first one I did (GC6MQRE) the text in the description had html code <p> and gave me a paragraph break.  I only wanted a line break so I researched how to do that and used <br> and got the list to look like I wanted it to look.

The second one I edited (GC9CZ4N) the description did not have html code, just plain text.  I pasted the list and saved it but it put paragraph breaks after each line in the list.

How do I get a line break (no space between lines) instead of a paragraph break after each item in the description when the edit box does not show html?

Or how can I get the text to show html when editing?  (this line added in edit)

Edited by Smitherington
typo and add to question

Usually in a visual editor if Enter creates a new paragraph, Shift-Enter will do a single line; or Alt-Enter, or Ctrl-Enter (I find in that order - sometimes Ctrl-Enter may be understood as a sort of 'Send')

But yes if you go to source view, <p>text</p> will usually add a margin either before and after, or an extra line after. <br> at the end of a line will move to a new line.

• Helpful 1