I Found a TB I Can't "Grab"

iowaPete

While out geocaching last week, I found a new travel bug that was released by a Boy Scout (I think it's for a merit badge).  When I opened the TB page and tried to post a new log, the only options available to me were "Write Note" and "Discovered It."

The Travel Bug is in my possession, but I can't "Grab" it electronically.  I thought it might be "locked" by the owner.  I reached out to him and he made sure it was unlocked.  Does anyone have any thoughts about what to do next?  I still can't see the "Grab it from User..." option on the dropdown box.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

iowaPete

5 minutes ago, iowaPete said:

While out geocaching last week, I found a new travel bug that was released by a Boy Scout (I think it's for a merit badge).  When I opened the TB page and tried to post a new log, the only options available to me were "Write Note" and "Discovered It."

The Travel Bug is in my possession, but I can't "Grab" it electronically.  I thought it might be "locked" by the owner.  I reached out to him and he made sure it was unlocked.  Does anyone have any thoughts about what to do next?  I still can't see the "Grab it from User..." option on the dropdown box.

iowaPete

He probably has it marked as in his collection, which limits your logging options. If he takes it out of his collection the full set of logging options should be available. 

I hope I got that right!

• Helpful 1
3 hours ago, iowaPete said:

Odd that people place their trackable into a collection then set them loose. All trackable have Not Collectible as the default...

Folks like to push buttons.  :)

If the TO didn't realize what the problem they created was, it's probably not getting fixed in a while. 

I'd write a note that the trackable needs to be changed to not collectible, Discover it, put it in another cache, then forgetaboutit...

• Helpful 1
8 hours ago, iowaPete said:

If it's locked you won't be able to post any log and will get an error saying it's locked. The listing has been locked and is not accepting new log entries.

If it's collectable it will say so. Look near the top of the listing under Recently Spotted: If it's collectable it will say, "This is collectable". 

As others have said, if the owner wants it to travel like a normal trackable they need to edit the trackable and set it as not collectable.