Rite in the Rain for Letterboxing Stamps?

12 hours ago, Vicious Cycle said:

Does anyone have any experience using the RitR paper for a Letterbox?

I don't have experience using RitR paper for a letterbox. But since I carry a stamp and enjoy using it on logs that are big enough, I have some experience trying to use a stamp on RitR paper.

12 hours ago, Vicious Cycle said:

How did it work out?

Poorly.

It smears. I have stopped trying to use a stamp on it.

I don't really like using RitR paper for regular caches, because it seems the ink pens I typically carry almost always smear.

But any stamp I have left on RitR smear almost instantly.

So, unless you are providing some alternate stamp ink that you have found works on RitR paper, I'd recommend using old-fashioned paper.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
16 hours ago, Vicious Cycle said:

Rite in the Rain makes several different sized notebooks, and I like using them for logbooks. But I've never tried a large stamp (like the size of a stamp you might see in a letterbox hybrid). Does anyone have any experience using the RitR paper for a Letterbox? How did it work out?

We used Rite in Rain tablets and notepads for our logs not in an ammo can and carry RiR strips as a JIC to replace moldy carp found.

Ammo cans we used plain paper ledgers, or specialty notebooks.

We were surprised to find that so many don't understand pencil is the best to sign RiR. They were made for pencils...

-  The little mini log stamps some like to use would transfer to the pages touching it. 

All weather (a RiR product...) & space pens work, and sharpies do too.  Gel ink pens and stamp ink...not so much.

I don't log and run, so the norm is being sure ink is dried before I put everything away.  Others won't.

We did have some luck with the "Ranger" permanent inks. I still have some "distressed" ink, thinking it looked cool for the dog portrayed. :)

If I put out a LB hybrid, I'd use an ammo can, and a plain paper large pad with a stiff cover so people have something to push that stamp on...

Edited by cerberus1
redundant redundant
  • Helpful 1