Adventure Labs on geocaching website for Desktop

S110

14 minutes ago, S110 said:

How do I get the adventure labs to show on my geocaching map page when I'm using my desktop? Thanks!

I don't think you can. Based on the Help Center page Find an Adventure, it looks like you have to use the AL app for that.

But I'm hardly an Adventure Lab® expert, so maybe I'm wrong and someone will come along and explain how to do it...

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but on the Android test lab I can see all locations if I tap on an AL. I wouldn't want to see all locations all at once because that would be so crowded in some places that it would not be helpful. But I can see in some areas it would be really nice. 

Screenshot_20230419-180343.png

We found Cachly an absolute gem recently in some fairly dense AL towns..... when zoomed in you don't get too overwhelmed, and often you would see an extra location from a different AL right there as well, occasionally at the same place... :) The AL app only shows the actual AL you are looking at.

• Upvote 4

It is kind of non-sensical, really, that they don't show on the geocaching.com map, even if it´s supposed to be a phone only game. They want their adventure labs to be played so bad that you get one find for every step towards all the souvenirs, but you can't see them on your map or include them in any kind of trip planning. And no, HQ, it is not easy or manageable to use the app for route planning.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
27 minutes ago, lee737 said:

I think I over-gorged on ALs back in April, and have hardly touched them since - must have given me a tummy ache! I tend to ignore them now, unless there is a bonus cache involved and the AL is in an interesting spot, or we've run out of other caches to find! :)

There are only eight ALs in my region, other than my four, and the most recent went live in mid 2022. I've only done four of them this year, three in Sydney and lee737's one in Bulahdelah (150 north of here). I can't remember now what the app does when a new AL appears locally.

3 hours ago, lee737 said:

I think I over-gorged on ALs back in April, and have hardly touched them since - must have given me a tummy ache! I tend to ignore them now, unless there is a bonus cache involved and the AL is in an interesting spot, or we've run out of other caches to find! :)

Yep, me too. They are the opposite of caching to me and simply an app based game.

• Upvote 3