[Bug] Delayed posting of NM logs

Flagler1616

Recently, I've used the website to finish some draft logs, and selected the "Needs Maintenance" option, attaching one of the preset options (e.g., "Container damaged"). For some reason, those logs post two days later. See for example my logs on GC374F8 - found 3/22, but the NM log didn't post until 3/24, even though it was associated with posting the found log.

• Funny 1

@Keystone

I’m not sure if your reply is addressing the problem Flagler1616 is mentioning here.

If I understand this right, he has logged a found and at the same time, he logged a need maintenance.  The NM log appeared on the on the web-site two days later than the found log.

I don’t see, that he was going to backdate his log.

Could you please clarify the situation?

Thanks, Mausebiber

9 minutes ago, Mausebiber said:

If I understand this right, he has logged a found and at the same time, he logged a need maintenance.

My understanding is the OP logged a draft and then, two days later, converted the draft into an actual Found It log and added the NM then, which (correctly) had the date it was added rather than the date of the Found It log.

• Helpful 2

@Mausebiber what @barefootjeff says is correct - I found the cache and started a draft log on the app, but didn't get around to finishing it on the website for a couple of days. So it makes sense that, as @Keystone says, the NM log gets dated the day I actually submitted it. While the rationale for doing so is certainly understandable, it is an odd feature that looks like a bug, so it would be nice if there were some sort of a little popup that would come up when this will happen to let you know what will happen. On another cache it looks weird because my two logs, which were submitted simultaneously, are separated by someone else's log in the day between when I wrote the draft and when I submitted it.

Thanks @Keystone for the explanation.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1