TB Option is Write Note only.

GArunner

MtnGoat50, thank you for the response!  I have been caching since 2011.  This has never happened to me before.  I am on my TBs page and it only gives me the option of Write note.  I even went into edit and the "Make this Collectable" and it is not checked.  This is so frustrating because it is a TB I picked up at the 20th Bash!  Any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, GArunner said:

MtnGoat50, thank you for the response!  I have been caching since 2011.  This has never happened to me before.  I am on my TBs page and it only gives me the option of Write note.  I even went into edit and the "Make this Collectable" and it is not checked.  This is so frustrating because it is a TB I picked up at the 20th Bash!  Any other suggestions?

As MtnGoat50 mentioned,  you can't Drop a TB into a cache from the TB page.  You must select the TB to Drop while making a log on the cache page, which is the cache where you place the TB.

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=30&pgid=151

Side note, if this is the first cache you've placed, and the cache is not yet in play, it's a good idea to wait until it's available to be found before you make a TB Drop.  But the Drop log will work regardless.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

I am on my TBs page and it only gives me the option of Write note. 

That is correct, as Kunarion said, you can't drop a trackable from the TB page, you have to do it from the cache page where you intend it to go.

Here is a quote from the Help Center article:

Drop and Visit logs

Follow these steps to drop a trackable in a geocache or log a visit to a geocache.

1. From a cache page, select Log geocache.
  2. Below the text box, select an action for each trackable from your inventory:
    • Drop, leave the trackable in a geocache.
    • Visit, take a trackable to a cache but keep it with you when you leave.

If you're still having trouble I can post some screenshots.

• Helpful 2

I have been caching since 2011.  This has never happened to me before.

The process is basically the same, but the log page has changed a little.  Make a note on the cache page, select "Drop" from the TB you wish to Drop, submit the log.  You may need to wait for everything to load, and you sometimes need to scroll to the bottom of the TB list and "show all" to get them all to appear, so you may then pick the one to Drop.  Try it from a modern web browser on a PC.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1