trackable help

kimbs

I found a trackable and need to log it but cant find it any where   the code is (removed by moderator)   i would love to see where its been and would love to log and add where I placed   thanks all

Edited by geoawareUSA9
removed trackable code

I removed the trackable code from your post, since those should not be shared unless the owner wants.

I went to https://www.geocaching.com/track and put in the same code, and it was not found.

If it was activated, the six character code you posted should be enough to track it. There are some possibilities.

It may be that one of the characters looks like another - an S could be a 5, a B could be an 8. Try magnifying the code to ensure what you're typing is what is on it.

If that still doesn't work, it may be unactivated. That either means whoever left it dropped it off and forgot to activate it, or they left it intending for whoever found it to activate it themselves. Check both the paper log and the online logs to see if someone mentions leaving a trackable to see which.

• Helpful 1

Similar to geoawareUSA9, tried to look at caches (maybe) large enough to hold a trackable (skipping all the micros...), and didn't find mention of someone dropping a trackable off.  None found lately have a trackable listed in inventory...

I'd play with the trackable code numbers/letters a bit JIC, but would probably assume it either was dropped in a cache in error, or left as swag.

We do that often, leaving unactivated signature coins in caches just to get folks to walk a bit.