My missing trackable found now after 6 years. How to make it available again?

marsal53

Forgive my ignorance but I failed to find any guide lines about what to do when my trackable, which I marked as missing in 2016, was discovered again a couple of days ago. I would love to see it listed in my trackable inventory. Will this happen automaticly, what do I know?

(1) Be sure it was a legit discovery and not a bot or something, logging random tracking numbers.

(2) It's available now, even when showing as missing. It's just logged as being in an "unknown location." When someone retrieves the TB and logs it, it'll automatically jump out of "unknown location" and into their hands. Then when they drop it into a cache and log it, it'll show up as being in that cache. It won't show up in your inventory until you retrieve it yourself.

• Helpful 1

Similar to TriciaG, it seems like a new cacher (PM to boot...) "found" this, their first trackable, and logged it Discovered, rather than Retrieved it.

But another cacher around a while "Discovered" it afterwards instead of Retrieved and Dropped, said it was "safe" in one of his own caches (with GC#), and it's their only trackable found too.

Go figure...

You could grab it as TriciaG says, but it's not in your possession, correct?  You don't really know if it's still there...

You could email the last "Discover" and ask him to Grab it, then log it as Dropped in his cache, but again it might not be in there now.

If me, I'd wait a bit more and see if someone with a little more experience logs it Retrieved, and you'll notice it will magically then be on your inventory again.

Lucky you it turned up again (sorta...).  :)

Edited by cerberus1
  • Helpful 1
5 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

see if someone with a little more experience logs it Retrieved, and you'll notice it will magically then be on your inventory again.

Retrieved will place it in the Inventory of the person who retrieves it.

Given the image posted with the discovery log, I say it's pretty clear that TB is in that cache   https://coord.info/GC9Y335 

So  @marsal53  follow the advice given by TriciaG above,  post a Grab it log to the TB, that puts it into your inventory. Then with a Write Note log to GC9Y355, "drop it" there.  And that will put it in the inventory of the cache where it actually is. 

• Helpful 1