1000 Islands Area Cachers, Come on down!

Team Kuebbing

We're putting together a New York geocachers organization and I am trying to organize a 1000 islands chapter. I do a bit of caching north of the border and wanted to extend an invitation for Ontario cachers to pay us a visit at any one of our gatherings. I plan on having a lunch type "meet your fellow geocachers" gathering on April 12 2003 here in Watertown at one of the local pubs. Nothing fancy. Keep your eyes open for the posting and please come on down for the party.

Kirk

This event is being held on Saturday the 19th of April at noon and being called the Watertown North Country Gathering. The coords posted are for the front door of the Red Lion Restraunt and Brewery. There is always plenty of parking in their adjacent lot. Reservations are made so this gathering will be a done deal. I do need to know a rough estimate of how many folks will attend so that we can reserve a specific sized room to accommodate all of us. Please post a note of how many in your party if you plan to attend. There's nothing fancy about this gathering so dress for comfort or geocaching if you plan to hit some of the local caches. I can promise a few new ones for you North Country veterans to tackle before or after lunch. Lunch can be ordered off the menu but there's no obligation for you to eat here. A 20% gratuity will be added to each bill because of the size of our gathering. For those who didn't know, there are some hard working geocachers trying to get a New York Geocaching Organization (NYGO) off the ground and we hope to get a couple of those guys up here for our event to chat us up. In the spirit of geocaching, everyone is invited to attend this gathering and we hope to see some out of state and Canadian geocachers attend as well.

Hope to see you there

Sounds like it's going to be a great time...but unfortunatly I will be away that weekend. Hope to hit some of the remaining caches when I return. Have a great time guys(and gals)

Binrat

"Blood is thicker than water.......Unless the water is frozen!"