Monster Cache Garage

SeekerBC

I have been working on a Web page where you can donate a lock&lock cache box for painting and labeling to replace a stolen cache or a poor cache you wish to update with the owners permission.

Also to help solve hiding problems for areas that need a little extra help disguising the cache or installing a feature to make it work for you. E.g.. Magnets, Velcro, cover rocks, Cinder block, Camouflage, Hollow Stump and so on.

Looking for feedback and Ideas.

Seeker, I have a good supply of logs with or withour the bark. I am getting a stump made as we speak.

Would also love to get some painting tips as I just stocked up on some new lock & locks icon_wink.gif.

Just finished one paint job. But didnt MRG have some step by step pics of a camo process?

Drop me a line could use some pointers.

You can steer all you want, but it is all for not if your not moving forward!

quote:
Originally posted by canadazuuk:

It sounds like a great idea.

But it begs the question:

_Are we expecting an increase in plundered caches in the Vancouver area?_

Nobody who's "plundering"/pirating caches are actually stealing the containers... so why would this play into it?

A great serial killer once said, "Beauty is only skin deep. Trust me, I've looked..."

Your tip for painting would be a Primer coat(brown) first before you apply good coats of camo.

I myself use brown primer and then a green coat then brown patches then green patches so it wears better.(tremclad I think its called is best for plastic)

Let me know how your stump turns out and yes I might need a stump with roots still attached.

Now this is the response I like. Being able to find material and converse new Ideas for cool cache thoughts. Thanks Wcoaster

quote:
Originally posted by SombreHippie & Puppy Dawg:

Nobody who's "plundering"/pirating caches are actually stealing the containers... so why would this play into it?

The so-called friendly pirates are breeding outright thieves and/or providing cover for those who really want to ruin the game in Vancouver.

Caches ARE going missing in their entirety. Contents, logbook, and the container.

From my topic in the general forum:

Jomarac5 just phoned me and woke me up this morning, and finally admitted to me that he is Captain Urchin.

This is apparently no surprise to geocaching.com

He also says that eleven Vanouver area cachers are taking part in the activities of Captain Urchin, which by all accounts, are supposed to be friendly.

What folks need to realize, is that these activities provide some pretty good cover for those who are actually STEALING the Vancouver area caches in their entirety. As someone on p#####caching.com notes:

quote:
But aaarrr Capt' Urchin, ye made the rules, but we be pirates an we doesnt have rules. ye opend yer pandoras box an now we be stealin it.

I was not going to start another thread at this time, but Jomarac5 insists that I am the one who is off base. He is the one who is angry apparently, that I won't leave this issue alone.

He claims that he couldn't be truthful about Captain Urchin in the 'early stages' of getting this great idea off the ground. That was why when I phoned him after finding that Vancouver Transit had been 'played' with he claimed ignorance and surprise. (All the meanwhile expecting that I would plaster this on gc.com for him...)

I do NOT claim that the Captain Urchin conspirators are stealing the Vancouver area caches as of late that are being taken in their entirety. Nor do I claim that they have a direct hand in running p#####caching.com.

However, Captain Urchin appears on p#####caching.com with regularity, and as well, cache pages within the Vancouver area displaying the 'pirate zone' logo originally linked to p#####caching.com.

quote:
Originally posted by RobertM:

What caches are missing in Vancouver?

Jomarac5 is aware of these apparently, as he was told by someone at gc.com. You might wish to ask him.

In order to clarify (again) what I am saying about this issue (and I quote an unnamed gc.com admin, simply because they said it well:

quote:
I hate to

say it but the "good" pirates are going to breed bad pirates so this is bad

for the game in any form in my opinion.

I am NOT saying that the Captain Urchin crowd is stealing caches.

What I am saying, is that the pirate concept is flawed.

quote:
Canadazuuk wrote:

Jomarac5 is aware of these apparently, as he was told by someone at gc.com. You might wish to ask him.

Well, like so much else that you incorrectly quote -- I DO NOT know which caches have gone missing. Yes, someone from Groundspeak told me that a particular cacher in our area has had three caches gone missing but I don't know which caches they are.

But you seem to know, why can't you share this information with the rest of us? Perhaps we could do something to help catch the perpetrator.

The Captain Urchin pirate concept in Vancouver is flawed only in the respect that some, like yourself, don't get it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

Well, like so much else that you incorrectly quote -- I DO NOT know which caches have gone missing. Yes, someone from Groundspeak told me that a particular cacher in our area has had three caches gone missing but I don't know which caches they are.

That was all I meant.

Cache owner and quantity.

Cache owner(s) are dummying up about their missing caches. Why give satisfaction to the thieving pirates?

Cacher(s) are also dummying up about caches that Captain Urchin has hit. Why give satisfaction to the so-called friendly pirates? There are people in Vancouver that actually like the game that geocaching.com provides, and don't want the meddling of a para-site ruining things here.

quote:
Canadazuuk wrote:

Cache owner(s) are dummying up about their missing caches. Why give satisfaction to the thieving pirates?

It's my understanding that there is only ONE cache owner in Vancouver who's caches are going missing. Perhaps, it has something to do with that cacher? Perhaps, he's been ticking off people for a long time and someone is just fed up with the BS? But then, I don't know for sure and am just guessing. Why don't you just tell us what caches have gone missing Zuuk? As I already mentioned, maybe we can all do something to help catch the perpetrator.

quote:
Why give satisfaction to the so-called friendly pirates?
Ah... perhaps because no one is being harmed, and it's fun?

quote:
There are people in Vancouver that actually like the game that geocaching.com provides, and don't want the meddling of a para-site ruining things here.
What is it about 'permission has been granted from the cache owner' that you don't understand? This is in no way creating problems for those who don't want to participate. If you, as a person who doesn't go along with the friendly pirate idea, come across a cache that has been visited by Urchin, can still find the cache in exactly the same location that the owner put it, and you can still log the cache. Where's the problem Zuuk? Permission has been granted.

And what's with this 'para-site' thing that you keep referring to -- Captain Urchin has nothing to do with the operation of that site.

Lighten up Zuuk, you might even see that this is fun.

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

It's my understanding that there is only ONE cache owner in Vancouver who's caches are going missing. Perhaps, it has something to do with that cacher? Perhaps, he's been ticking off people for a long time and someone is just fed up with the BS? But then, I don't know for sure and am just guessing.

Been there, done that, old news... Using this as a smaoke smoke screen is pretty lame. You can be interpreted as saying that 'he deserved to have his caches stolen'. (Though I'm pretty confident YOU would never do it.)

quote:
And what's with this 'para-site' thing that you keep referring to -- Captain Urchin has nothing to do with the operation of that site.

Okay, so the cat is out of the bag.

Not one, but ALL of my caches were referenced on p#####caching.com as being open season.

'Captain Urchin' welcomed me into his crew on that site, and then told me to 'walk the plank' when I didn't join. Yes, it is true that Captain Urchin didn't say to 'get' zuuk's caches... but that's not the point. Why allow a para-site to directly influence the game here?

One last post and an apology to Seekerbc for the rude way that this thread was highjacked.

quote:
Zuuky wrote:

Been there, done that, old news... Using this as a smaoke smoke screen is pretty lame. You can be interpreted as saying that 'he deserved to have his caches stolen'. (Though I'm pretty confident YOU would never do it.)

Interpret things whatever way you want Zuuky. But you are wrong once again. I don't think that anyone *deserves* to have their caches stolen.

quote:
Okay, so the cat is out of the bag.

Not one, but ALL of my caches were referenced on p#####caching.com as being open season.

'Captain Urchin' welcomed me into his crew on that site, and then told me to 'walk the plank' when I didn't. Yes, it is true that Captain Urchin didn't say to 'get' zuuk's caches... but that's not the point. Why allow a para-site to directly influence the game here?

Zuuky, where's the cat man?

I think you also need to go back to the list of your caches that was posed on p1ratecaching.com and read where Captain Urchin tells the other pirates that you have not included yourself in the pirate concept and urges them to leave your caches alone.

Seems that Captain Urchin is on *your* side, when it comes to malicious activities.

With respect to p1ratecaching.com influencing the game here -- I'd say that the opposite is true. And if you'd been paying attention to what is really going on instead of stewing in your narrow-minded little tirade, you'd see this.

Well maybe if we just ignore these pirates they will go away.

SBC I dont really have stumps with roots. I could get them but man Doug Firs are big. Cedars even more with the roots.

I think it would take a couple people at least to hide it. Hopefully somewhere close to the tailgate of my truck!

icon_smile.gif

You can steer all you want, but it is all for not if your not moving forward!

Sorry I din't get back sooner but my computer was being nasty.

So I use the one a work for now.

Canadazuuk Thanks for the first cache box to be donated.

Is there a cache you have in mind to update.If so please contact the owner and get permission.

If not great thanks for getting the ball rolling and I will drop in for the box.

I hope to have the MonsterCachegarage page up and running soon.

I hope people will get the Idea that a poor cache can be helped but will need to donate to its recovery.

Wcoaster thanks for thinking about the stump.

I will keep intouch.

Just to add one more tip for painting a cache box,When your done painting finish it off with a sealer spray to make it last a long time.