Language Translation, while traveling

I have a recommendation, I am an American that lives overseas, I do a lot of traveling and about 1 year ago I started Geocaching and I have always noticed a problem for me. It is that everybody create and post in their native language. This is not a problem but for someone that does not speak this language it is. I have to translate every time and be able to read and also find the cache. My recommendation is to have the app display all cache information about the cache in the language on my account setting. This would stop having to translate every find in to my language.

I feel this could be done in different ways,

1. Just able translation a tiny location is the app.

2. Code in translation when I open the cache, I know this will slow the app down a little. But the question is how much.

3. Mandatory only publish in English ( I don’t recommend this at all)!

This is a recommendation is I would know who else has ideas like this and weather they think it is a good idea?

regards 

• Surprised 1
  • Love 1

Or download an app (like google translate) and you can long press anywhere in the cache description, select all, and translate to whatever language you want.  Many times, an English version is also provided on the cache page.  If you don't like Google translate, there are several other apps that can accomplish the same thing.

To make this a standard part of the app for those (probably) relatively few cases it would be needed is asking a lot.  Especially when those that need to translate can easily do so by downloading an app that will do it. 

• Helpful 1

Yes I have this and being full time in France at the moment it is used on every find. Before that I was more than 15 years ib Germany where I started Geocaching also used every find. So for some who travel seldom  your right. Today for the be driving into Spain and like every day I will be translate every find that English is not published on the cache.

But again yes your are not wrong, for most of the people who don't travel, but foe one who likes to travel and complete the caches also with different countries it would be very useful. 

I've noticed this with a couple trackable items that I've got floating around Germany, France and the Netherlands. Not that it's a big deal but... I do have to do the whole google translate thing everytime they move. It does seem as though things should "auto" translate to what the language is on the device a person is using.