Creating a list from a PQ

I know there is an option to create a PQ from a list. Is there a way to easily create a list from a PQ? at present my process i as follows

1.  Download PQ to my local computer

2.  Upload the PQ to GSAK

3.  create a new list in GSAK

4.  upload the PQ caches to the list

5.  download offline data the app

Steps 1,2,and 3 process immediately. However, step 4 takes quite some time ( 2 seconds per cache x 2000 caches = just over an hour) I'm thinking that since steps 1 and 4 are coming from and going to the Groundspeak server, there should be a way to shortcut the process? 

10 hours ago, ras_oscar said:

Any pocket query available for download is seen as a list by the Geocaching.com app.   Open the app, load lists.  I do this at home, and once the app has caught up on list loading,   generally download data for offline caching.

• Helpful 1

I ran a PQ which is now a list on my app. Because of this post I wanted to see if I can make a copy of that list. The PQ says: For some reason your Pocket Query, OSU Geoart, yielded no results.

But I don't know how to reconcile that with what I'm seeing on the app. 

Screenshot_20220326-234934.thumb.png.e815a92c8ba395396494e0630a46c9ab.png

Screenshot_20220326-235002.png

Edited by Max and 99
On 3/25/2022 at 10:03 PM, ras_oscar said:

I know there is an option to create a PQ from a list. Is there a way to easily create a list from a PQ? at present my process i as follows

1.  Download PQ to my local computer

2.  Upload the PQ to GSAK

3.  create a new list in GSAK

Steps 1,2,and 3 process immediately. However, step 4 takes quite some time ( 2 seconds per cache x 2000 caches = just over an hour) I'm thinking that since steps 1 and 4 are coming from and going to the Groundspeak server, there should be a way to shortcut the process? 

I may be completely off the mark here but here's what I discovered. When I ran a PQ and it is now in my list in the app. I clicked on map the list (pq), then clicked on the option to add them all to a list, so now all those PQ caches are on a list that presumably will not go away after a week? 

Because of the size of the list and the mapping of them? I only caught two thirds of them but it did take just a few seconds. 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1