Maintenance Work

It’s been a slow weekend, so here are some maintenance photos. The cache in question involves a key/lock, and a recent finder alerted me to some water damage starting to rust the key, so I retrieved it for repair. There is a stick component to the camo that went missing a few months ago (I searched for it in a prior maintenance check), and I was surprised when I picked everything up to find that same stick laying near the container. Guilty conscious, someone? 😇

Anyway, this is what came back to the shop – a Lock&Lock log container, a Hide-A-Key that, well, hid the key, and the stick that the key was originally attached to.

1.jpg

Edited by Lostboy1966
Grammar

Nice work!

34 minutes ago, Lostboy1966 said:

There is a stick component to the camo that went missing a few months ago (I searched for it in a prior maintenance check), and I was surprised when I picked everything up to find that same stick laying near the container. Guilty conscious, someone? 😇

I had something like that happen with a multi I had in a surburban park. After one school holidays I found the container and contents scattered about near the rock ledge it had been concealed under, except the logbook was missing. I put everything back, along with a new logbook, and tried to conceal it a bit better. The next school holidays the container was nicked but the contents were left behind, including the original logbook! I then moved the final to another more obscure spot which worked okay for a year or so, then in heavy rain the rock I had it hidden under came down in a small landslip, crushing the container. I put the replacement back at its original location, hoping the muggler might have lost interest, but a few months later it disappeared again so at that point I archived the cache.

We've had a very wet summer, culminating in two weeks of almost constant rain and widespread flooding last week. More heavy rain and potential flooding is forecast for today and tomorrow. While most of my caches are in caves or deep under rock ledges where they're well protected from the weather, I have about a dozen which might possibly have been submerged or washed away so there'll be a bit of a maintenance marathon once we have a long enough dry spell for me to be able to safely get to them. With a lot more rain forecast in the months ahead, that might yet be a while off.

• Surprised 1
On 3/6/2022 at 5:44 PM, Lostboy1966 said:

It’s been a slow weekend, so here are some maintenance photos. The cache in question involves a key/lock, and a recent finder alerted me to some water damage starting to rust the key, so I retrieved it for repair. There is a stick component to the camo that went missing a few months ago (I searched for it in a prior maintenance check), and I was surprised when I picked everything up to find that same stick laying near the container. Guilty conscious, someone? 😇

Anyway, this is what came back to the shop – a Lock&Lock log container, a Hide-A-Key that, well, hid the key, and the stick that the key was originally attached to.

SPOILER ALERT! I have not done this one of yours yet! (But the ones I have would all have fave points if I ever had enough!!!! I especially LOVE the knight...)

• Helpful 1