Delete messages in the Geocaching app on iPhone?

MsGumshoe

Hello Everyone. I reached out to the geocaching team on Facebook and was told the following: click trash can next to username, or hide by clicking the 3 dots next to the player's name.

Unfortunately I have neither of these options on the app, and the app is up to date. The app does not allow me to "swipe" to delete a message either. On a laptop, there is no issue with deleting messages. Interested in hearing other's experiences, workarounds, solutions? Thank you. 🥾🕵🏻‍♀️🌞

• Funny 1
2 hours ago, MsGumshoe said:

Hello Everyone. I reached out to the geocaching team on Facebook and was told the following: click trash can next to username, or hide by clicking the 3 dots next to the player's name.

Unfortunately I have neither of these options on the app, and the app is up to date. The app does not allow me to "swipe" to delete a message either. On a laptop, there is no issue with deleting messages. Interested in hearing other's experiences, workarounds, solutions? Thank you. 🥾🕵🏻‍♀️🌞

I just checked on both Android and iOS and there is no option on the app to delete messages. 

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, MsGumshoe said:

On a laptop, there is no issue with deleting messages. 

2 hours ago, peter-tvm said:

The solution is to use the webpage, as the option to block an user and delete messages only is available on the webpage message center .

I must have missed it...   I thought that it was impossible to delete messages on the website as well.

When did that change?  Thanks.

10 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

I must have missed it...   I thought that it was impossible to delete messages on the website as well.

When did that change?  Thanks.

At least a year or two ago if I recall correctly. But only messages you have sent. You just click on the trash can.

Screenshot_20220106-144724.png

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 3
4 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

At least a year or two ago if I recall correctly. But only messages you have sent. You just click on the trash can.

Thanks!  I don't send messages with it but get a bunch, even though it says "I use email only. Thanks." on my profile.

Guess that's why I didn't notice.      :)    And I'm sticking to that story.      

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, peter-tvm said:

The solution is to use the webpage, as the option to block an user and delete messages only is available on the webpage message center .

You can of course use an browser on your mobile phone instead of your laptop.

4 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I just checked on both Android and iOS and there is no option on the app to delete messages. 

Thanks! for your responses. Hopefully the app developers will eventually provide the message deletion option within the app.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1