Geocaching anniversary party ro So. Cal?

Guest LarsThorwald

I'll post it. Let me run the info by you that I've gathered from this thread, so you guys can tell me what I've left out before I put it up:

SoCal Geocacher's Picnic

Sunday, March 17.

Irvine Regional Park

N 33 47.698

W 117 45.228

$4 per car park entry fee

Potluck.

What hours are we talking about?

Anything in particular we want to ask people to bring?

I'm all for keeping it low-key, but, hey, if someone's into kareoke (see, I can't even spell it...)

Charlie

Around 10:30 is good. Although some of might want to get there early to prepare and reserve the spot. I'll keep you company, FlyingRhino!

Here's a sample program a friend of mine made:SoCal GEOCACHER’S PICNIC

I. PRAYER

II. CIRCULATING : ( MEET AT LEAST 10 NEW PEOPLE FROM THE GROUP)

III. EMCEE: TO DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING:

? History of Geocaching, who’s doing it (countries)

? Special projects or activities

? Regular monthly meetings/events

IV. SHARE-ME-AN EXPERIENCE

? Someone shares an experience (fun, memorable, exciting) during a geocache ( get at least 5 shares) You must at least have their names before the actual event so the emcee

? just need to call them out.

V. CHOW TIME

VI. GAMES

1. Bench Surprise ( ask them to look under the bench to look for a piece of paper and do what it says)

2. Musical Chairs (get 10 pairs)

3. Longest line ( 10 pairs, 5 kids and 5 adults per team/ 2 teams ) – whoever forms the longest line using their clothes, jewelry, etc, WINS.

4. Draw me a face ( kids game/ get at least 7 kids to join)

5. Color me Green ( whoever brings in first the following : someone with green socks, green eyes, green underwear, green shoes – WINS!

6. Newspaper Dance (this is a common game back home but try this, they might enjoy it). Bring newspapers. Place the newspaper on d ground, couples dance and when d music stops, they jump on the newspaper till it gets smaller and smaller…

VII. RAFFLE

* decide if you want to have this, you will be needing more prizes.

Things to consider:

1. Who’s the Emcee, assign one of ur members who’s good at this.

2. Prizes ( you can ask some members to donate gifts for prizes )

3. Collaterals ( newspapers, white bond papers, markers, boards )

4. Music (someone should provide a sound system for music and microphone)

You can add to or remove any of the suggestions as you wish.

Have GPS, Will Travel.

I suggest you make it a "No potato salad" pot luck. Pot lucks are famous for having about 12 different bowls full of potato salad and almost nothing else!

I'll bring home made salsa and a dessert. Sound OK?

Also, if you are looking for donated prizes, I can donate some services from work, let me know.

I agree with Tomebug. Why don't we post our potluck contributions here so everyone can plan ahead and avoid duplicates.

Aznaz is baking her famous baclavas.

I'll provide paper plates, utensils (plastic and silverware found in caches) and fund this picnic with all the georged dollar bills and coins I got from San Diego caches. icon_biggrin.gif

I might bring some Ammo cans as cache prizes. Another neat prize is to name a cache after the contest winner. Why not everyone bring a nice cache item to sell/barter/auction/giveaway?

Who's taking care of drinks? Water jug? Ice? Carbohydrates, protein, fat and sugar? Peptobismol?

Don't forget your folding chairs, barbeque grill (I'll bring mine).

Did I forget anything?

Have GPS, Will Travel.

I agree with Tomebug. Why don't we post our potluck contributions here so everyone can plan ahead and avoid duplicates.

Aznaz is baking her famous baclavas.

I'll provide paper plates, utensils (plastic and silverware found in caches) and fund this picnic with all the georged dollar bills and coins I got from San Diego caches. icon_biggrin.gif

I might bring some Ammo cans as cache prizes. Another neat prize is to name a cache after the contest winner. Why not everyone bring a nice cache item to sell/barter/auction/giveaway?

Who's taking care of drinks? Water jug? Ice? Carbohydrates, protein, fat and sugar? Peptobismol?

Don't forget your folding chairs, barbeque grill (I'll bring mine).

Did I forget anything?

Have GPS, Will Travel.

All right, I posted the event cache. Probably left out some stuff - let me know. I suggested that all further communication be logged on the cache page itself, so there will be a rough idea of how many people are coming. I left the agenda open (my kind of party) icon_biggrin.gif , but any particular ideas (gregusmaxis!) could now be posted on the page as well. See you soon! icon_razz.gif

Charlie

All right, I posted the event cache. Probably left out some stuff - let me know. I suggested that all further communication be logged on the cache page itself, so there will be a rough idea of how many people are coming. I left the agenda open (my kind of party) icon_biggrin.gif , but any particular ideas (gregusmaxis!) could now be posted on the page as well. See you soon! icon_razz.gif

Charlie

Since this get together is less then a week off, don't you think it should be announced I just happened to run accross it here. And I'm sure there are a lot of cachers that don't read these forums. I'd like to make it but on this short notice I'm not sure if I will be able to......... Vagabond

just saw the notice you still might want to use email to get it out a little better icon_biggrin.gif:

Since this get together is less then a week off, don't you think it should be announced I just happened to run accross it here. And I'm sure there are a lot of cachers that don't read these forums. I'd like to make it but on this short notice I'm not sure if I will be able to......... Vagabond

just saw the notice you still might want to use email to get it out a little better icon_biggrin.gif: